• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AERO VS US Authentic RAF jacket

Roughwear

I believe Tim means you might upgrade to a more authentic reproduction in the future. Up-grading is what most collectors do, whether its to get a better original or a more accurate repro and its part of the fun of the hobby IMO. :)

Tim P

Thats what I meant. Pursuing the holy grail. Some of the high mid range jackets are keepers in truth but if you get the bug it will never be good enough. What separates top end from high mid is actually very small, the devil being in the detail. Ignorance (and I dont mean total ignorance of course) is bliss really because some superb, good looking, well fitting jackets are not acceptable to some on here because 100% is the only way.
they say that a mind, once stretched by an idea, never regains its original dimensions. Some mid range jackets I have had have been a delight to own. It may be that US Authentic is totally the way to go for you because the 5%-10% or so that it lacks in stitch nazi authenticity may seem superfluous to you. If it does you are lucky because some of us are way too picky on here. Me included by and large. ;)