• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aero scotland VS GW

Vcruiser

RCSignals said:
Vcruiser said:
My A2 Aero Scotland...

100_0428.jpg

Is that what they call jerky horse hide?

No..Ha..! It's the seal buffalo that Aero once offered with rust knits. I still have this jacket.
Van

Vcruiser

My Aero Real deal in russet jerky HH. Still have this one as well.

30cf1.jpg

It is very grainy. Much more than this pic shows.
van

Stef

Hey it looks nice, i like the grain, and collar is cool too !
I asked for smaller pockets on mine, cause they seem a bit oversized on many aero (scotland) 15142 pics i've seen. How are the pocket on yours ?
-------------
Stef

Stef

I really like your jacket, same fit as the last one worn by JC on his CD...If you have any other pic or a link to some other pics, i'm interested. Thanks Vcruiser !! you give me back some confidence about my AERO order, i won't cancell it.
do you have any GW too ?

Vcruiser

BTW...the pockets on my Aero repro Real Deal are 6 1/2 " tall by not quite 6" wide. On my original Aero A2 the pockets are 6 1/2" tall by a little over 5 3/4' wide.
Van

Vcruiser

Hi Stef
No I don't have a GW. I've been more into Aero HH civi jackets the last few years. However..if I decided to order another repro A2..it would be a GoodWear. I have enjoyed my Aero A2s though. I have a russet RealDeal with brown knits..a seal with brown knits...and the seal buffalo with rust knits and spun silk lining.
Van

CBI

Maybe these will help. I picked this Aero Scotland A-2 up cheaply on eBay. Thick HH. Some tweaking (hot water/dryer) and I think it turned out pretty well. Its no Good Wear but .................

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8567.jpg

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8572.jpg

If one includes the gazillion private purchase jackets used in WW2 in the mix. I wonder what design features are used on Aero A-2's that were never used back then.

Stef

Yes these pics help, i like Van's jacket and i like yours too (can't recognise the pockets ?), and it seems that AERO tolerates the HWT very well...(did it shrink it ??) Very honorable for the price i think...
final judgement soon when jacket is shipped....(could not find any info about conditions of return on Aero Site, and scary note about order cancellation)

Thank you for the pics posted
-----------------
Stef