• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero RAF Gauntlets

philip.ed

The 1941 patterns, I've heard, are a good reproduction, but I can tell you now the 1933 patterns are just wrong. ;)

flyboy

Got a pair of each, but have never tried a "real pair" so I can not compare on accuracy.
But the quality of both pairs is great. Especially after some usage. They tend to be rather stiff at the beginning.
I find the 1933 pattern easier to use (zip)

Hawkeye

I'm 95% sure that these are actually Garcia Aviation repros. I've owned a pair of the 33 pattern for 5 or 6 years, they are great gloves that hold up well, although they are slightly inaccurate in that the 33 pattern never had an expander elastic on the back of the cuff, as these do. However, the original 41 pattern did, which the repro 41 pattern does replicate. I would price check Garcias website and ebay auctions (their ebay store was where I got mine, not sure if they even sell them there anymore) to see if they are cheaper than Aeros selling price.