• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Highwayman Custom

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Here's a few photos of my new Aero Highwayman custom. I had 2 angled chest pockets added, the lower ones zippered closure too, one inside zip closing chest pocket and on the other side a press stud closing one. I also had a press studded tab added to the bottom front of the zip and had the waist narrowed so that it would fit snugger even when the buckles weren't done up. It's a lot less boxy. I also had an inch off the bottom to suit my shortarssed frame :lol:

Cheers,
Dave

jack aranda

What h.p. said, and, I like that bottom snap. Good idea. My Highwayman is in black steerhide, a stock issue 42, and I know what you mean about 'boxy'--shoulders are right, but, the waist is made for a guy fifty pounds heavier than I am. Beautiful jacket, JACKET_HEAD. A rich, warm brown, and a killer lining. Be still my heart :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much Jack. Coming from a true moto jacket afficianado that means a lot.

I sent my old horse Highwayman as part trade-in and said to Will to make the maximum waist on the new jacket the same as the minimum on my old jacket and he did just that.

It worked out well :)

Cheers, Dave

Vcruiser

Great custom touches that compliment the Hwymn style..in my view.
Beautiful lining as well.
Very nice unique concept!
Van

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Van. Much appreciated :)

The tartan is called the New York or New Yorker I think. Difficult to chose from the several hundred on offer but a great material for a liner. I wish they lined the sleeves in it too rather than the cotton drill.

Merry Christmas !

Dave

John Lever

jack aranda said:
What h.p. said, and, I like that bottom snap. Good idea. My Highwayman is in black steerhide, a stock issue 42, and I know what you mean about 'boxy'--shoulders are right, but, the waist is made for a guy fifty pounds heavier than I am. Beautiful jacket, JACKET_HEAD. A rich, warm brown, and a killer lining. Be still my heart :)

I think Aero have a problem somewhere with their patterns. All the jackets they have ever made for me except he RAF have waists that are way over size. This makes you tighten the waist straps so much that the waist flares out.