• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero A2 Fit Help

Hey guys.

I have had this Aero A2 for a while now, but it has not seen much wear. I think the P2P was just .25 off from being very comfortable on me, though I have heard that A2s are supposed to be quite slender and tight fitting.

I'm preparing to send this A2 back in order to place an order for a new one (perhaps in Badalassi or the new Kelpie Tea Core)

I was wondering if this sizing looks alright on me, specifically in the P2P and the sleeves.

The sleeve measures 25in lying flat meaured around the outer curve (in accordance to the stickied guide). Should I go shorter (23in?) or leave it be?

P.S. Massive edit to this post, better photos, more questions
IMG-9848.jpg
IMG-9843.jpg
IMG-9845.jpg
IMG-9841.jpg

Last edited:
the sleeve length is fine, and whats more, with use it will shorten a little bit due to inner elbow creasing. whats that? who did ya say ya are?
Hi! Thanks for the help! I'm going to post some more photos regarding the general fit etc and edit the original post.
Regarding "who I am"... I'm not too sure how to answer this question! Just a dude living in Scotland who likes leather jackets and boots :)

Micawber

Not a fan of tiny attachments but having opened them I see the sleeves look fine, that said it's how they feel to you, the wearer that matters.

Micawber

Hi! Thanks for the help! I'm going to post some more photos regarding the general fit etc and edit the original post.
Regarding "who I am"... I'm not too sure how to answer this question! Just a dude living in Scotland who likes leather jackets and boots :)

An intro in the member bio section is the accepted way of saying hi ;)

B-Man2

From what I can see in your photos the sleeve length looks good on you . Your sleeves will eventually crease up with time and shorten a bit so a little extra length is good when new. Regarding Badalassi hide . I’ve never had an Aero but I did have an A2 in that hide and I found the hide to be a little thick and heavy .
Let’s get back to your sleeves, I’m not trying to diminish your concern over the length , but if you are seriously concerned over a .25 inch 1/4 inch difference in length, you’re making yourself a little bit stressed for no reason. Look at period photos and you’ll see sleeve lengths all over the place. Anything from 2 inches short to 2 inches too long .

From what I can see in your photos the sleeve length looks good on you . Your sleeves will eventually crease up with time and shorten a bit so a little extra length is good when new. Regarding Badalassi hide . I’ve never had an Aero but I did have an A2 in that hide and I found the hide to be a little thick and heavy .
Let’s get back to your sleeves, I’m not trying to diminish your concern over the length , but if you are seriously concerned over a .25 inch 1/4 inch difference in length, you’re making yourself a little bit stressed for no reason. Look at period photos and you’ll see sleeve lengths all over the place. Anything from 2 inches short to 2 inches too long .
Thank you! I was more concerned with the .25 in the P2P/Chest. But that might just be the Lockdown weight talking :p

Sorry about the breach of etiquette and tiny attachments. I was unsure of how to upload photos otherwise.

B-Man2

Thank you! I was more concerned with the .25 in the P2P/Chest. But that might just be the Lockdown weight talking :p

Sorry about the breach of etiquette and tiny attachments. I was unsure of how to upload photos otherwise.
I understand your concerns but here’s something to keep in mind . 1/4 of an inch in the P2P section really doesn’t mean a great deal either way , over or under. Why ? Because in time your jacket will relax and form to your body . It will stretch a 1/4 of an inch, also your weight is going to fluctuate a couple of pounds one way or another . Once again I’m not trying to diminish your concerns but just giving you some info that you may or may not be aware of . Worrying about 1/4 of an inch anywhere on your jacket will be wasted stress after a few months of wear . Instead I would worry about whether Badalasi is the correct hide for me , as that is much more important than 1/4 of an inch .
Cheers and Good Luck with your new jacket . :)

I understand your concerns but here’s something to keep in mind . 1/4 of an inch in the P2P section really doesn’t mean a great deal either way , over or under. Why ? Because in time your jacket will relax and form to your body . It will stretch a 1/4 of an inch, also your weight is going to fluctuate a couple of pounds one way or another . Once again I’m not trying to diminish your concerns but just giving you some info that you may or may not be aware of . Worrying about 1/4 of an inch anywhere on your jacket will be wasted stress after a few months of wear . Instead I would worry about whether Badalasi is the correct hide for me , as that is much more important than 1/4 of an inch .
Cheers and Good Luck with your new jacket . :)
Many thanks :) I appreciate the candor! That definitely eases my mind a bit. Given the response of another member here I would be worried about the drape of the Badalassi. I may get the new Kelpie Tea Core on W535 AC-16160

s4rmark

Looks like a good fitting jacket to me. It will mold to your body shape the more you wear it. Don’t baby it , just wear it whenever you can , Especially in the rain. One more thing , full size images. No thumbnails.

Bombing IP

It was a spec that some had ,but for me I like it with out its more comfortable .The collar presents it self better ,its really different contract different specs . It may of got dropped because it was easier to make without and used less material in time of war . Some one will come along who really knows the full answer to you question .

BIP

Silver Surfer

with the new pix, I see what you mean about the pit to pit measurement. it looks a tad snug, but before ya obsess over it, and think of returning it, I would like to make a suggestion. with the jacket laid front down, wet the back real well. you will know when it is wet enough when the hides get a shade darker. now, pull the curved seam away from the center[where the sleeve attaches to the back] on each side simultaniously. be sure that you are not grabbing any of the liner material,, as that will not stretch. continue this process going down the curve to the junction where the sleeve , and body side meet, and repeat all the way down to the where the leather meets the waistband. when done, pull a bit from the collar to the bottom of the back leather. this will even out the side to side stretching. the leather will stretch from side to side. 1/4"-- 1/2". as the back is drying [not near any heat] repeat all of the above two or three times.