• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero 18775 , from (the) Real Simons

Shanghai-Mayne

Costumer’s review pics

First one, size 40

IMG_6597.jpeg
IMG_6598.jpeg

Second one, size 46

IMG_6599.jpeg

B-Man2

So .. how much are these jackets. The Simmons built Irvin is a tank of a jacket. Very warm and while not as accurate as an Eastman it is a quality made jacket.
So I’m wonder what the price is for an A2?

Shanghai-Mayne

So .. how much are these jackets. The Simmons built Irvin is a tank of a jacket. Very warm and while not as accurate as an Eastman it is a quality made jacket.
So I’m wonder what the price is for an A2?
Burt, size 46 cost 436 US dollars, smaller size cost less, ie. size 36 cost 398 US dollars .
When taobao is offering discounts, cost gonna be further cheaper.

Shanghai-Mayne

Thanks for that info SM
thank you Burt.

Doesn't look shabby at all.

Jeff makes a good point, if and when the Chinese decide to really make accurate repros it could be a real game changer.

This kind of thing could be just the start.
Thank you Tim. The owner’s (of Real Simons) main aim, is keep retail price under 450 US dollar, maintain a reasonable profit, meanwhile use good quality materials, zip and collar hook from Waldes , full wool knits, etc.

Smithy

thank you Burt.

Thank you Tim. The owner’s (of Real Simons) main aim, is keep retail price under 450 US dollar, maintain a reasonable profit, meanwhile use good quality materials, zip and collar hook from Waldes , full wool knits, etc.

The problem with most budget, even mid-range A-2 jackets is the leather is often pretty characterless and not a patch on (nor look anything like) what you get from a top tier maker like ELC or GW.

Always difficult to tell only from photos but those pics of these new Real Simons' jackets seem to show really, really nice leather which looks much more expensive than what they're selling these jackets for. Really impressive.

Shanghai-Mayne

The problem with most budget, even mid-range A-2 jackets is the leather is often pretty characterless and not a patch on (nor look anything like) what you get from a top tier maker like ELC or GW.

Always difficult to tell only from photos but those pics of these new Real Simons' jackets seem to show really, really nice leather which looks much more expensive than what they're selling these jackets for. Really impressive.
Tim,
The owner claimed he imported high grade raw horse hide from Poland , then tanned the raw material in a certain process he studied with tanner. It’s costly, have a minimum amount of 20000 inches for one bath. As result, he may acquire relatively good quality HH for a relatively lower price (pre inch) . That’s the reason I decided to order one, see it myself.
So far I don’t have time check it inch by inch, but in general it is good, dont have heavily coating over the surface, the thickness is legit, between 1.2 mm to 1.4 mm.

IMG_1817.jpeg
IMG_1816.jpeg