• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Jacket issue

grasshopper

Hi Mike and All--
Yes, I would be very interested in talking with your friend the 1st ACG glider pilot. Returned two weeks ago from the reunion of the 1st ACG in Fort Walton Beach, FL, where I was fortunate to be able to interview ground crew, as well as C-47 pilots and aircrew, L-pilots, and P-51 drivers, but no glider guys. Drove from KC to Lubbock, Texas, earlier this year, and spent several days researching at the Silent Wings Museum, but no joy in finding a glider pilot in the CBI, particularly one who went into Broadway in support of the Chindits.
If you could speak with your friend to determine whether he is up to being interviewed, we can figure out the logistics from there. You might tell him that Dick Cole (Doolittle's co-pilot and also an Air Commando) has given me some especially helpful information, as well as many others who attended the reunion (incidentally, it was their last). It's an overlooked theater of war and an overlooked mission, but it is one fascinating story.
I very much appreciate your offering this information.
Cheers,
Denny
(Grasshopper)