• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A possible civilian version of an ANJ-3 ??

robrinay

When I first joined VLJ I posted an eBay sale of an Abercrombie and Fitch ANJ3. It was generally agreed that it was genuine and that Abercrombie and Fitch had purchased and re- labeled WW2 stock and sold them. I’m not saying whether this one is the real deal or not but they did sell ‘real’ ones before they sold copies.

Erwin

Hey Chandler, please see some clothing [various companies] from the '70s and '80s and you can see very often Talon with a "bullet" zipper pull [with like on this AF jacket and without a horizontal _ on the bottom of the slider]. You don't need to be a zipper wizard to spot these zippers on various garments, having a lot of practice should be really helpful regarding this activity.
How can you I.D. plastic from the picture? Serious question -- not being that smartass.
I asked the person who owned the AF jacket with a label like this one about the zipper. The easiest and fastest way. I honestly doubt that all these garments have old stocks of Talon zippers from the 50s or 60s. I'll still incline that it is a jacket from the '70s. You can see what the AF label from the '60s looks like, [what is characteristic, you can see city's names, and this label design was modified later, like on this AF jacket from EBay].

AF 60's.JPG

Regards