• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Message From Aero Leather USA

ButteMT61

It IS sad. People form a community - these are online, but same principals. You gain trust and friendship with people over time. You argue, you laugh, you share, you learn. Just like my family and friends. I sure don't expect anything more from online friends than I do in my "real life". This kills the whole trust piece. And it kills the joy in turn. What a shame. But the good news is that in time it will diminish. All things do. And I anxiously await that point in time.

SuinBruin

I had my own experience with Mark and Aero and it wasn't great. Going straight to Aero in Scotland seemed to prompt some movement... now I know why.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7137

I can't believe he actually took money from dozens of people without putting the orders in. I won't speculate on what torts or crimes that may or may not constitute but at the very least it looks bad.

Caveat emptor.

Atticus

2jakes said:
In a bike forum…newbie working on his bike project , proud as can be , posts pics
in the forum. "Purists" in the forum just tear in & dissect as this not correct & wrong
color and so on. Newbie retorts & vows never to display ever again on the forum.
Feeling bad, I reply to the guys to "lighten" up, it's his first project. I posted to the
newbie that being a forum,it's open to public opinion & in their way were telling him
what was right, I asked him to never loose the joy of his hobby for there are those
individuals who appreciate things as they are. Reminds me of the song by Rick Nelson
at the "garden party"'…..you can't please everybody…just please yourself ! Not sure if
that's exactly the wording, But I hope you get the idea, I apologize if I have strayed from
the topic , but what's happening with the Aero situation , I feel a little sad right now !
I know the song and you are exactly, precisely right.

AF

Rutger

Well, I ordered with BK, paid in full in advance, and will see what happens.
Greece is a 2 hour flight from Holland ...... ;)

Followed the thread on FL, I feel sorry for the fellers whose trust and money have gone down the drain.

My guess is that Aero jackets don't meet the repro accuracy standards of VLJ.
Guess I shouldn't say having ordered a generic BK A2.

nogbat

ive dealt with bk , and hes fine sent emails he always returned them and was spot on for any enquirees ,, so i would trust bill kelsoe,,, anyway i want another of his jackets ;) ;)

MikeyB-17

Rutger said:

It's true they're not up to the uncanny accuracy of John's stuff, but they make terrific jackets nonetheless-I've had several and would cheerfully have another. I think the military repros are a second string to their incredible civilian jackets, and they're only prepared to go so far down the stitch-for-stitch accuracy road.

ButteMT61

MikeyB-17 said:
Rutger said:

It's true they're not up to the uncanny accuracy of John's stuff, but they make terrific jackets nonetheless-I've had several and would cheerfully have another. I think the military repros are a second string to their incredible civilian jackets, and they're only prepared to go so far down the stitch-for-stitch accuracy road.

Agreed. And let's get real - any Aero repro is at least as good as the original jackets as far as quality goes. Probably much better. And the civi jackets are beyond critique. At least in my feeble mind. :)

siddhartha

Administrator
I think it's a sad turn of events, and having had numerous conversations with Mark in the past, would want to give him the benefit of the doubt before casting stones.

I do understand I might feel differently if I was one of the ones left without money/jacket, but there may be an explanation for all of this that doesn't involve law/moral breaking.

Let's hope that's the case, and Mark is free to post his side should he desire to. I have not spoken with him in years.

ButteMT61

m444uk said:
m444uk said:
I'm amazed how polite most have been.

I spoke to soon. Redneck Barons kicked the hat stand over with some particularly inflammatory posts .

I got sucked into his trolling. I don't even care any more. This mess just attracted idiots like him and hopefully they clean it up, open it up, and send those of us that contributed to it's demise packing. At least I have a nice A-1 to wear...

* Thread reopened.

dav3469

ButteMT61 said:
m444uk said:
m444uk said:
I'm amazed how polite most have been.

I spoke to soon. Redneck Barons kicked the hat stand over with some particularly inflammatory posts .

I got sucked into his trolling. I don't even care any more. This mess just attracted idiots like him and hopefully they clean it up, open it up, and send those of us that contributed to it's demise packing. At least I have a nice A-1 to wear...

* Thread reopened.

Well, I will just say that the guy was over the top, and you were not threatening in any manner that he tried to portray it.

HHjackets

Red Baron's posts are extremely aggressive and doesn't make sense (at least to me), i can't understand where it's all coming from.

ButteMT61

Thanks guys. He's a nutter, or someone has planted him there. Why I have no clue. But he's a dillusional trouble maker. I suspect some wrist slapping and/or suspensions are coming. I might be one. That's ok, I bit and should have ignored him, but I'd had enough.

bfrench

Administrator
ButteMT61 said:
Thanks guys. He's a nutter, or someone has planted him there. Why I have no clue. But he's a dillusional trouble maker. I suspect some wrist slapping and/or suspensions are coming. I might be one. That's ok, I bit and should have ignored him, but I'd had enough.

Hi, Butte,

I can't believe that FL let him rant on for so long - you, along with others, did well by not falling for his diatribe and stuck to the facts.

Good job and hopefully we'll see a resolve to AeroUSA's untimely demise.

derleicaman

Who is this guy, Red Baron? I checked in again on the Lounge this evening and there was a s**t storm going on.
He's not over here is he? God, I hope not. I am one of the agrieved, but hopefully should be sorted out soon as my payment was made in the 45 day time frame. The Lounge has been my only source of info since the two original emails from Mark and a few from Holly. I'm glad the mods have kept the thread open. Hopefully they can ban this clown!

ButteMT61

Thanks again guys. I was bad myself in falling for his BS. I'm hopefuls as a trickle of successful refunds have come in via PM from members not wanting to take part in that s***.
I wish everyone success, and I also still hold hope Mark will come out from the dark to fix things, but I don't know how at this point.
Good luck to all that got hosed here.

Otter

I looked at his previous posts, he was a very new member with not a lot of posts. My suspicion would be that he was a stalking horse for someone else. It would be very interesting if the admins across at FL could look at his IP address and see if it matches any others.

BTW Butte, I kept out of it but I did not see anything in your posts that deserved the ordure that he poured on you!