• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A fedora with a 40's shape..

wop54

Knowing my interest in the '40s, my wife and kids ordered (Birthday present) this hat from the U.S.
It does have that "Road to Perdition" look...
21830217.jpg

Hope I can wear it without reminding too much of the "Secret of the Incas"..
917ac39d.jpg

And this is the hat
88b4015d.jpg

And me in my "Goodfellas" version..
d9572458.jpg

Atticus

Nice high-crowned fedora. It will go well with your vintage jackets. And please don't worry about a hat storm...you're not the only person on VLJ that likes and collects hats.

spanishneedles060-1-3.jpg

AF

watchmanjimg

Atticus said:
Nice high-crowned fedora. It will go well with your vintage jackets. And please don't worry about a hat storm...you're not the only person on VLJ that likes and collects hats.

spanishneedles060-1-3.jpg

AF

Geoff, this is a great picture. You look as if you just finished gunning down Bonnie and Clyde. I'm not sure I could pull off wearing such a hat, but they look good on you and Carlo.

wop54

Geoff, this is a great picture. You look as if you just finished gunning down Bonnie and Clyde.... [/quote]
25b7bc18.jpg

Atticus

watchmanjimg said:
Geoff, this is a great picture. You look as if you just finished gunning down Bonnie and Clyde. I'm not sure I could pull off wearing such a hat, but they look good on you and Carlo.
Jackie calls it my, "Whut we have heah..." photo.

AF

wop54

Atticus said:
watchmanjimg said:
Jackie calls it my, "Whut we have heah..." photo.

AF
:D
Today's English Lesson for not English mother tongue (as me..)

1) heah: here

2) whut: what

Right? :)
or, even better
Rite? :D

fishmeok

Geoff, I see your impressive "Whut we have heah" and raise you a "Let's go vote for Truman" catalog shot....

063.jpg

Cheers
Mark

Atticus

wop54 said:
Today's English Lesson for not English mother tongue (as me..)

1) heah: here

2) whut: what

Right? :)
or, even better
Rite? :D
Carlo, you were on a roll up until the last part. Here, in the American South, one properly pronounces the word "right" as if it were spelled "rat".

AF

wheat1479

Fedoras go great with with a-2 s and other leather jackets,nice hat s.I have no pictures,but have three of my grandfathers.Had them redone and they look brand new.

Peter Graham

Geoff, you look great with that fedora and shotgun. Well bad ass. I'm looking at the second photo. Is the dude in the tall hat wearing an A-2 with a name tag and handwarmer pockets ? :eek:

wop54

Peter Graham said:
Geoff, you look great with that fedora and shotgun. Well bad ass. I'm looking at the second photo. Is the dude in the tall hat wearing an A-2 with a name tag and handwarmer pockets ? :eek:
Peter, as you probably already know, the guy in the hat is Charlton Heston in the 1951 movie "Secret Of The Incas" (character that inspired the Indiana Jones' look).
I am also sure that you already know that there is another 1949 movie with a famous guy in the hat wearing an A-2 (with a fur collar?)
3fb7e6ea.jpg

wop54

wop54 said:
Peter Graham said:
Peter, as you probably already know, the guy in the hat is Charlton Heston in the 1951 movie "Secret Of The Incas" (character that inspired the Indiana Jones' look).
I am also sure that you already know that there is another 1949 movie with a famous guy in the hat wearing an A-2 (with a fur collar?)
3fb7e6ea.jpg

Well, and old movies lessons, too! :D