• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of jackets i have been offered

littlebuddy

Even though im a USAAF collector , i do have an interest in all US flying jackets . Which leads me onto these 2 jackets which i have been kindly offered

The first is a Bogen and Tenenbaum AN6552-42
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Secondly is this L W FOSTER G1 , heavily patched ( which i like !!)

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Thoughts as to what a fair price would be ,would be a great help

Many thanks

Carl

a2jacketpatches

Love the patched out G1, can't really nail it down but the patches look to be Asian made for the most part and are worth quite a bit on their own. I never pay much but would drop 200- in a heart beat for them removed from a jacket.

Skyhawk

The AN's are reasonably rare but this one looks to have a lot of cracking on those shoulders. The patched G-1 is cool. I believe the USS Coral Sea was stationed in Japan, and those patches look original. These have a bit more than value with the patches / history.

Unfortunately USN jackets aren't as valuable as their USAAF counterparts:

AN-6552 $325
G-1 $350-$375

A fair assessment I believe, unless that AN has big holes we can't see.

littlebuddy

Skyhawk said:
The AN's are reasonably rare but this one looks to have a lot of cracking on those shoulders. The patched G-1 is cool. I believe the USS Coral Sea was stationed in Japan, and those patches look original. These have a bit more than value with the patches / history.

Unfortunately USN jackets aren't as valuable as their USAAF counterparts:

AN-6552 $325
G-1 $350-$375

A fair assessment I believe, unless that AN has big holes we can't see.

Thanks Skyhawk , very much appreciated

Carl

littlebuddy

Do you think the AN 6552 has red rot ?? i am waiting on some more info from the seller

Peter , i have a Imperial leather & sports wear contract G1 that is sized a 38 and fits , would this earlier one be a little smaller ??

Carl

unclegrumpy

From the pictures, I think it looks like the AN 6552 has red rot...I'd skip that one.

I like G-1, but the pictures are too small for me to really see all the details. That said, I think the patches are mix of US and Japanese made patches....just what you would expect from a jacket from this time period.

You are not going to hurt getting the G-1 in Skyhawk's price range, though you might not make much either....better/bigger pictures of the patches would help.