• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of jackets i have been offered

littlebuddy

unclegrumpy said:
From the pictures, I think it looks like the AN 6552 has red rot...I'd skip that one.

I like G-1, but the pictures are too small for me to really see all the details. That said, I think the patches are mix of US and Japanese made patches....just what you would expect from a jacket from this time period.

You are not going to hurt getting the G-1 in Skyhawk's price range, though you might not make much either....better/bigger pictures of the patches would help.

I will try and get some bigger pics of the G1 patches

Carl

a2jacketpatches

Grab that G1 if you can, if buying just to flip it maybe not. I won't buy anything to flip unless it's 40% or lower than value but patches are one thing I'll get reasonably close with.

littlebuddy

a2jacketpatches said:
Grab that G1 if you can, if buying just to flip it maybe not. I won't buy anything to flip unless it's 40% or lower than value but patches are one thing I'll get reasonably close with.

I have bought the G1 ! It will not be flipped as I hope to be wearing it , as I think it's real cool

Carl

a2jacketpatches

littlebuddy said:
a2jacketpatches said:

I have bought the G1 ! It will not be flipped as I hope to be wearing it , as I think it's real cool

Carl

Good choice, what's the squadron designation, would like to know their history.

littlebuddy

a2jacketpatches said:
littlebuddy said:
a2jacketpatches said:

Carl

Good choice, what's the squadron designation, would like to know their history.

I havnt a clue !! I was hoping someone might be able to help on that as well as a date of the jacket ??

Carl

littlebuddy

a2jacketpatches said:
I've seen the Squadron Patch very recently but can't put my finger on it. Once you get better photos up I'll look around.

Might not be till tomorrow that I get some bigger pics up , if that's OK ??

Carl

littlebuddy

SA400358%20400x300_zpsgc0k8mxb.png

littlebuddy

On Wednesday i received a parcel , from the guy who had these 2 jackets , he is my intermediary in the US , and he very very kindly sent me the G1 as a gift ! I was totally blown away with the act of generosity he showed

i would like some help on the date of manufacture on the G1 if possible and also would like to know if the zipper is the correct type or not ??

Many thanks

Carl

DSCF3094_zpseik1y3by.jpg

DSCF3096_zpssfzo60xi.jpg

DSCF3097_zps7vti3egm.jpg

Skyhawk

Yep that's the original zip. The Blackened Conmar bell zipper was used in the 1950's. This contract is from the mid to late 1950's.

littlebuddy

Skyhawk said:
Yep that's the original zip. The Blackened Conmar bell zipper was used in the 1950's. This contract is from the mid to late 1950's.

Oh wow !! I was thinking it was a 60,s onwards issue

Thank you very much for the info

Carl