• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A close shave

John Lever

DHL delivered my jacket earlier than expected while I was out....lucklly all ended well as a call to someone 5 miles
Screenshot_20210924-155155.png
away rescued it.
650 gbp waiting to be nicked by a porch pirate

Smithy

Great thing here with Norwegian Post (Posten) is that you have to agree that it's OK for them to just leave a package otherwise you have to arrange a time when you're in or pick it up at the post office.

If that was back in Melbourne, somebody would have pinched that and buggered off with it in under 10 minutes guaranteed.

Dany McDonald

You can release the package without a signature required with most postal services now... It's very practical but enerving when far away from home and you get the notification on the phone that the package has been delivered.

Dany

Dany McDonald

Oh man that's nice! John you really have an impressive collection and good taste.

I am at baby steps with shearling jackets, getting to appreciate it, not ready to dive but a type D-1 is my prefered cut and look. The sick GW that Grant owns is really inspiring.

By the way, you guys go for what size in shearling when you wear a size 40 with A-2's?

I am looking and winter is on my door steps....

D

mulceber

Happy to - my rule of thumb is usually to aim for about 8 inches of breathing room on a B-3, and an inch or two less with thinner jackets.

Dany McDonald

Happy to - my rule of thumb is usually to aim for about 8 inches of breathing room on a B-3, and an inch or two less with thinner jackets.

Yeah I aware of the space needed but how do you evaluate it? I find it complicated to fit a shearling jacket from the info gathered on a web site. It's the type of fit that may required an on site try....

But now I've realized that I wana acquire an Type D-1 for this winter!

Thank you,

D