• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 vs M-422

Dr H

Ah, but I'm almost feeling ready for pipe and slippers ;-)

B-15 for comfort...especially in one size up! :D

airfrogusmc

les_garten said:
M-422/G-1 without a doubt, not even close...

The A-2's have uncomfortable high tight armholes and the cut is like a box. Arms are tight.

My experience, a lot of A-2's are heavier(from the Leather itself), not by much though. The Mouton sometimes throws that off.

The Bi swing back, and all those panels, just makes a comfortable jacket, except Aero M-422a's. Something very wrong with them.

Goat is more comfortable than Horse or Cow IMO. Especially Good Goat. You can get an A-2 in Goat of course, but you still have that cut to deal with. This is a generalization of course.

Most Comfortable Jacket I have is Airphrog's hand me down LW G-1, followed by a G&B M-422a.

I have a stable of A-2's, I like the look, hate the feel of wearing them. Getting rid of a lot of them because they're just not comfortable to wear, for me at least. I've only had one ill-tempered NAVY pattern, and I divested myself of it.

I occasionally Trash LW jackets from time to time, but the Goat on my G-1 from them is superb to wear. I don't see myself letting it go anytime soon.

I loved that jacket. Glad to see it still has a great home. If it were just a size larger I would still have it.

Jeff M

Dr H said:
M-422A for comfort...A-2 for cool, but A-1 for looks ;-)

If my A1 is a good example of the design, I'd put a well fit/made capeskin A1 pretty darn close to a G1 when it comes to comfort. Like wearing a comfy sweater/sweat shirt.
The G1 does has the advantage when it comes to driving.

Dr H

That's the main advantage Jeff. With arms outstretched, holding the wheel, the M-422A shades it, followed by the A-1; the A-2 tends to be tighter across the back.
For weight/drape/suppleness the A-1 wins hands down (and you can unbutton/unsnap the waistband when driving).

TankBuster

A-2 for me as well. The M-422 is a fantastic jacket for what it was made for. Flying. Don't get me wrong. I love, and own them both, but the A-2 is just a better looking jacket. The waist tapers in way too much on the M-422 and then blouses out in the chest. Plus I prefer the look of Horse hide to Goat. All this is just my opinion though! ;)

Andrew

As Jeff said, A-2 all the way.

vlcsnap-2013-01-02-14h53m35s14_zps85819ab9.png