• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Nirvana

Cobblers161

After what must be a a rather brief spell in terms of jacket obsession compared to a lot of you guys I am pleased to admit I have finally found my perfect repro A-2.

Having taken delivery of a GW 1401-P I can actually pronounce out loud this is one flippin/frickin/gor blimey outstanding jacket.

It's had a few days wear and pics will follow but I must declare that after a fair few jackets that this baby is an absolute treat.

Cheers John, your skill and dedication is fully appreciated.

Grant

Congratulations from a recovering jacket addict. Looking forward to seeing the photos!

better duck

Pics of course, for us, other junkies to feed on..... please, and quickly please..... :cool:
And if you think you've reached Nirvana now, think twice: if one GW makes you feel like you've reached Nirvana already, think of what two, or three, why not four GW's will make you feel like....
You enter a zone here, where for some of us the law of diminishing returns is not applicable... SO BE WARNED!! :D

Mundele

Cobblers161 said:
Having taken delivery of a GW 1401-P I can actually pronounce out loud this is one flippin/frickin/gor blimey outstanding jacket.

It's had a few days wear and pics will follow but I must declare that after a fair few jackets that this baby is an absolute treat.

Having seen this jacket in the flesh I can concur that it is quite stunning.

However I thought that Cobbler's last two A2s were also stunning - so I bought them off him!

I wonder if this GW 1401-P will be languishing in my wardrobe in a few months time? :twisted:

Cobblers161

Here's a couple of no frills preliminary shots, I'll provide some improved shots hopefully next week......

RW1401-P2.jpg

RW14010P1.jpg

The jacket was 2 days in when the pics were taken and has had about 60 seconds under a shower and worn pretty much till dry. I just love this baby, clown collars and all. I realise there are a few peeps out there with a rather large downer on RW collars but to me they look perfectly 1940's.

Roughwear

Steve, it looks fantastic and its hard to believe it was so recently made. I'm a fan of RW collars and John has done a remarkable job with every feature of this jacket. I have a goatskin GW from the previous RW contract and it's my favourite A2 for daily wear. Congratulations. :)

Mundele

duxford059.jpg

".....but, but darling I promise you it's an old jacket that you've seen before. Look - it's even got scuffs on the shoulders!"

Cobblers161

Andrew, it's the newer Russett HH from Japan, it's slightly flatter in appearance than the previous hide and doesn't have the red hue, also it's much more supple especially in the grainy areas. The panels that didn't originally have a grainy appearance have started to develop after what is now about 4 days solid wear. I tend to wear my jackets throughout the day as a lot of my work is outside.

It's beautiful stuff.

Mr Mundele, you are pretty much spot on with your observation. I'm quite lucky that Kim can't as of yet distinguish between the '39 Werber and this RW. Sadly it's only a matter of time before I'm sussed! She'll clock a SAT straight away!

blethook

The jacket looks fantastic! I've got a GW's Bronco (in goatskin) and it's definitely a keeper. JC's definitely talented!

For me the perfect A-2 is (probably) the ELC Monarch A-2 w/ internal pockets. I thought about giving it the hot water treatment but I'm a bit afraid it may not come out right...

Cobblers161 said:
Here's a couple of no frills preliminary shots, I'll provide some improved shots hopefully next week......

RW14010P1.jpg

The jacket was 2 days in when the pics were taken and has had about 60 seconds under a shower and worn pretty much till dry. I just love this baby, clown collars and all. I realise there are a few peeps out there with a rather large downer on RW collars but to me they look perfectly 1940's.

Hawkeye

Fantastic! I love my goat Cable but every time I see a photo like that I wish I had something in horse....