• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 manual

ausreenactor

Not bad at all....

If there is a lot of stuff like the zipper comparison it will be a very handy reference.
Certainly done in the Eastman style. ELC put do out some really good stuff; however,
they make do make you pay handsomely for it...(don't mention the storage system,
don't mention the storage system
)...

I think JC does the pics of originals A-2s vs his 'newer originals' better. Price will be
the key!
Couchy

TankBuster

Very nice and handy! I'm suprised nobody here put one together before this! I'll more than likely buy one.

Dr H

ausreenactor said:
Not bad at all....

If there is a lot of stuff like the zipper comparison it will be a very handy reference.
Certainly done in the Eastman style. ELC put do out some really good stuff; however,
they make do make you pay handsomely for it...(don't mention the storage system,
)...

I think JC does the pics of originals A-2s vs his 'newer originals' better. Price will be
the key!
Couchy

I can sell you a cardboard box...er...storage module...in which to keep it. ;)

ausreenactor

TankBuster said:
Very nice and handy! I'm suprised nobody here put one together before this! I'll more than likely buy one.

My wife did a presento last year for her father's 60th birthday. Stories and pics from the family, all collated and printed online. The ability to home publish would provide many here an opportunity to put their research to the masses. My mate Jules & Cliff Tennant in NZ published 1000 copies for a combined book on Australian and New Zealand para insignia. Possibly the definitive reference these days. It cost THEM quite a bit back in the mid 1990s. Sales were good and they got their investment back, but the one off K Mart product was around $60. Smaller stuff was cheaper and you could select a wide range of options (cover material, more pics, cover photo etc). It was a case of some basic editing and uploading of pics and adding text. And the price went down for extra copies. Officeworks also do a similar thing, but the upload failed for some reason...

Any future publishers out there? Duxford, War & Peace, Reading or Oakey Fly-In pics (joking..)

Couchy

A

Anonymous

ausreenactor said:
Not bad at all....

)...

the key!
Couchy
You mean, don't mention THEEEE, the storage system, storage system.

ausreenactor

chitchat said:
ausreenactor said:
Not bad at all....

)...

the key!
Couchy
You mean, don't mention THEEEE, the storage system, storage system.

Touché..

Like doing a somersault so fast you dive up your own date..

A-2 Manual is a worthwhile endeavour though...and a certain purchase. I buy the Buzz Rickson
catalogues just to look at the pics...same for Osprey Elite, Warrior, Raid and Men at Arms books.. :?
This ELC manual looks very interesting..

Couchy

A

Anonymous

I would recomend it, it looks rather in depth, would be great for those who are not professional collectors.

johnwayne

As a printer all my life working with many designers at the high end of the market I've long thought about doing this! With John Chapman's indepth knowledge and being a ex graphic designer he'd be the best man for the job I reckon! Gotta say I hope this is better than the Golden Book - the design and typography is pretty poor and it'll be interesting to see how much it goes for - I just hope it is a real reference book and not another vehicle to promote ELC. Interesting too to see where its printed too - if they printed a lot the chances are China but lets not knock it before we see it - Im sure Garys intentions are good as well as adding to his bank balance!!

Cheers
Wayne

Peter Graham

I doubt that there's any information in there that's not available on this forum for free. I won't be buying it.