• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Donation idea

dujardin

hello Andrew,

i'm empressed to see Ed wearing his jacket..... heuuuu i mean this beauty ;)

byeeeeee marcel

CBI

Glad the jacket arrived. On the size, "more like a 42" is a bit small as I am a 44R and the jacket fits fine. In any case, it sounds like its in the range of what wiill fit. Also, your photos of the jacket look a lot better than mine. I think there were a few posts that questioned the ageing process but as one can see, the jacket looks pretty darn good. Glad it all worked out. Good idea for a project and its great that some many VLJ folks chipped in.

capt71

Andrew,

The jacket looks fantastic!! I think Ed will be pleased, to say the least. Great work!
I've posted a photo that may help you (not that you need it) with the proper rotation angle placement of the bomb/bunny. I wanted to also post a 530BS crew photo wearing their jackets to give an idea of how they were placed on the jackets, but Photobucket doesn't seem to want to upload it (same size as the one here!). I sure wish this forum would adopt a simpler system where we could post photos directly, instead of hassling with posting to another website, etc, etc, etc.... :evil:
Untitled-1.jpg

Photo from Horton "The Best In The Southwest"

Bill

Andrew

Got those shots thanks Bill.....

Ok, here's a montage of "The Crabtree Mob" minus three, (Chris V.E., Jeff [Dubow], and Steve27752). If anyone's not happy with their shot please feel free to send me another, or if you don't want to have your face in it let me know otherwise this is what it's going to be. What a likely lot... I'll add names and place after its done.

Thanks all, looks like I will be sending it late Sept/ early Oct.

TheCrabtreeMob3.jpg

dujardin

hello Andrew,

thanks for allllllllll,

just a suggestion for me, i don't like to be in first position on the group photo.
first because i don't enjoy to be in first place.
and second because i was in the last (maybe the last) to answer your request.
just my small cent.

byeeeeeeee marcel

wop54

dujardin said:
hello Andrew,

thanks for allllllllll,

just a suggestion for me, i don't like to be in first position on the group photo.
first because i don't enjoy to be in first place.
and second because i was in the last (maybe the last) to answer your request.
just my small cent.

byeeeeeeee marcel
I cant remember the last time i had been in 1st position in anything... id love to be in 1st position for once!!!! :D :D Andrew, feel free to swap my and Marcel's positions (i could even be happy with a 2nd position...) even if i hadnt been the first to chip in... :roll:

Andrew

Sorry Marcel, you were selected by the graphic programme I use- it's totally egalitarian- the computer made the selection (it must have liked your face) but I can shuffle them around! That's also the reason we are missing the tops of our slightly balding heads, but then we get more of the jackets we're wearing.

I'll see what I can do. :D

Peter Graham

OK, nobody be offended, I've had a few vodkas. Here's my snap impression of the lineup if I knew nothing about anyone, from top left across and back -
Line 1 - Barman, Policeman, Psycho, Happy alcoholic, Easy listening music star.
Line 2 - Student, Chef, Recovering drug casualty, Rugby boy, Leibstandarte.
Line 3 - Gilette razor model, Happy camper (but not all there), Robin Williams a like, Serious artist, Grinning Irish moron.
Sorry, I've had a hard day.

capt71

Peter Graham said:
OK, nobody be offended, I've had a few vodkas. Here's my snap impression of the lineup if I knew nothing about anyone, from top left across and back -
Happy alcoholic???? :eek: How dare you!!! Happy? Yes. But an alcoholic?? Absolutely not -- I can stop drinking any time I choose!! :lol:
Oh, s---, gotta go--just spilled my beer!
Bill

Curahee

Peter Graham said:
Line 2 - Student, Chef, Recovering drug casualty, Rugby boy, Leibstandarte.
Line 3 - Gilette razor model, Happy camper (but not all there), Robin Williams a like, Serious artist, Grinning Irish moron.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....(but Leibstandarte :shock: ..mmm I would be seriously offended)

rich

Thanks for doing this Andrew, it's a really fine gesture, which I'm sure will be much appreciated.

(Now then, where did I leave that axe ...................... :twisted: )

Andrew

Hi Bill, the latest is that Ties' patch arrived last week and i'm trying to get time to visit my leather guy to have it sewn on (he's a half hour drive from here). Hoping to get there tomorrow and get it back after a week or so and i'll post shots of the completed piece then.

I didn't get time to get to Melbourne, so i'm going to have to post it to him unfortunately, but i'll ask for pics anyway.

Andrew

Slack bastard I am, i've just finished getting everything together. The jacket goes off in tomorrows post so thanks to everyone involved- it was a lot of fun.

In case anyone wants a correction here's the final draft of the "poster" going with it.
Sorry for the wait, hopefully my next post will some pics of the man wearing it.

TheCrabtreeMob.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Grant

Hey Andrew,
Just wanted to say thank you for all the work you put into this.
It was an honor having a very small part in such a great cause.

Grant