• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

507th PIR leather

unclegrumpy

Thanks, thats a neat site!

I wonder if these patches were factory made or made using decals meant for other things as well. The blank leather discs for squadron patches are in the QM Catalog....I think if I recall correctly the 1943 edition. Considering you don't see these patches, I wonder if they were put together in small quantities by the unit rather than being mass produced.

502leath.jpg

a2jacketpatches

unclegrumpy said:
Thanks, thats a neat site!

I wonder if these patches were factory made or made using decals meant for other things as well. The blank leather discs for squadron patches are in the QM Catalog....I think if I recall correctly the 1943 edition. Considering you don't see these patches, I wonder if they were put together in small quantities by the unit rather than being mass produced.

502leath.jpg

Very possible. I recently sold an ATC decal on leather with the same dimensions, They are so abundant that I'm thinking they were mass produced. Also, I've seen tool kits for embossing aviator wings and name tags on leather rectangles. If this is the case, most likely done by the QM using the correct equipment. once in a while you'll see a Sq patch size decal emblem on a suitcase or something, proving they were available this way.