• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 * B3's Question

John Lever

Question.
Cam someone clarify the differences between the B3 jackets on offer, why they are all Sold Out and shipping costs and taxes?

Thanks

CBI

they ran out of sheepskin, getting a new stock in a few months. They offer different "original contracts" and then also a number of house models, the differences are in the colors posted. When ordering go over everything with Shawn. if you have an ideal looking jacket (any maker), send him a photo(s) and say, I want it like this.

CBI

also, 5 Star just moved into a new building for manufacturing which Ia m sure delays things a bit. back to their website, they could probably just consolidate all of the B-3 house listings into one listing with photos of the options but I guess the price varies a bit depending on upgrades.

FreddyF9

Question.
Cam someone clarify the differences between the B3 jackets on offer, why they are all Sold Out and shipping costs and taxes?

Thanks
Hi John,
As CBI already mentioned, they ran out of sheepskin for these jackets.
Two of the B-3s that they currently offer, the HLB and the two tone Aero, are based on originals. All the others are a reinterpretation of the B-3 by Shawn and his team, they don’t reproduce any actual contact.
Shipping costs and taxes can vary a lot depending on where you live.

flyincowboy

Hi John,
As CBI already mentioned, they ran out of sheepskin for these jackets.
Two of the B-3s that they currently offer, the HLB and the two tone Aero, are based on originals. All the others are a reinterpretation of the B-3 by Shawn and his team, they don’t reproduce any actual contact.
Shipping costs and taxes can vary a lot depending on where you live

flyincowboy

Hello John you can ask SHAWN for some improvements like i did for mine : flat pocket /thinner windflap and cuffs with a fleece of 12mm thick.
Facings and overlay seams are seal brown steerhide.

b3 5star sealbrown.jpg
b3 windflap.jpg
b3 cuffs2.jpg
b3 windflap.jpg

Last edited: