• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

392nd Fighter Squadron patch

jbmilart

Just finished the 392nd Fighter Squadron patch... Although, according to Maurer Maurer's book... the 392nd did not have an emblem during the war... But, I have seen this emblem posted to the 367th Fighter Group website and a few other websites, attributing this emblem to the 392nd... Obviously created after the war... maybe for a squadron or group reunion... don't really know... but what I do know is... this is a pretty cool looking patch!

Jim

392ndFighterSquadron367thFG.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

I made the same patch sometime ago and yes it was one they used , but like a LOT of other USAAF and other services patches , it was one of the "Unofficial" or "Unapproved" types, but used non the less ,and like you say a VERY cool looking patch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work BTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
Question , on your patch you have the stripes on the tail and the rudder spine colored, on the version I found this was not appearant, was this in the design you saw/have, or "added" for "looks" ??????????????????

jbmilart

The squadron patch photo had the stripes but was a very small and poor photo... researching the 367th F.G., the actual 392nd squadron tail markings are blue, yellow and red... the other 3 squadrons were of the same colors, but in different sequences...

Jim

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thank you for the info about the tial stripes and the "variations" of them for the different squadrons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny