• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

39 Werber GW photos

Falcon_52

Werber is my favorite manufacturer so I'm a little bit biased but that looks sweet! :D Nice call on that one Allen. It looks great. Hopefully Spring is on the way so you can get some more quality wear time...enjoy!

Noel

airfrogusmc

Falcon_52 said:
Werber is my favorite manufacturer so I'm a little bit biased but that looks sweet! :D Nice call on that one Allen. It looks great. Hopefully Spring is on the way so you can get some more quality wear time...enjoy!

Noel

Yeah I really like the pre war jackets too.

helodrvr

Andrew, That looks Great! The fit is perfect. I can tell my wallet is going to regret finding you guys.

Mel

Roughwear

Here's the link to my size 44 1939 Werber which is winging its way across the Atlantic to me. It has not had the benefit of hot water treatment, but the leather still has areas of pronouced grain as the close-up pictures show.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/1 ... r_05_sz44/

John and I discussed the horsehide and the closest colour he has to horsehide from 1940 is the pigment finish horsehide.This is a very dull brown, and he says after a couple weeks of wear, the high parts get a little shine, and the creases and grain become amazing. I have an original fantail Talon zip slider/pull which I will install on the jacket when it arrives.

39Werber_A2.jpg

reverse_view1.jpg

pocket-3.jpg

CBI

size 44 Werber looks great as well. The hide is terrific stuff but don't be surprised if it takes you a few days to warm up to it. It looks very new and flat when you first see it but as John told you (and my experience), the character comes through almost immediately with some wearing.

:D

Persimmon

Andrew,
I have just sent off an email to John Chapman about making a jacket.
What is the lead time from order to delivery ?
How does the UK customs hit you re collection.
I am in the States in the summer on business and was wondering if it would be easier to collect direct or have it sent to my hotel ( and cheaper ) as the flight is on the company !!

The Werber 39 A2 looks great and I look forward to seeing images of you wearing it
Alan

Chris217

Allen that Werber looks incredible!! I can't wait to see what it looks like it after about a year of hard wear.

Chris217 said:
Allen that Werber looks incredible!! I can't wait to see what it looks like it after about a year of hard wear.

Agreed. Beautiful jacket. Perfect fit.

Slightly off topic, but:

To my eye, the cut/fit of the '39 contract Werber appears nearly identical to the 1402 contract that followed, the only differences being the rivited zipper and the top-stitched waistband of the '39.

Does anyone know of any others?

Thanks in advance,

stubbyeighth

deeb7 said:
stubbyeighth said:
Does anyone know of any others?

Werber contracts?

• 33- 1729
    36- 1112 P
    38- 205
    39- 2951 P
    42- 1402 P

Oops. My bad. My question was unclear. I meant differences bewteen the '39 and '41 contracts. But in answer to that question, I did receive a PM from John who wrote, in part: "The Werber pattern between 1939 and 1941 was definitely the same body shape, pocket shape, and overall parts. I’ve seen a number of them, some in good detailed shots, and others in books, like Art of the Flight Jacket (pp.100), and American Flight Jackets (pp.200). I can tell from what I know of the pattern that they are very much the same design in body panels, collar, and the rest."

stubbyeighth

Grant

Curious why you chose a spray finish for a pre-war jacket. I'd think an analine dye would be more correct wouldn't it? IMHO that finish would be more proper for a Star, Bronco, Poughkeepsie or United. Looks like a nice color though and should wear well.

Roughwear said:
Here's the link to my size 44 1939 Werber which is winging its way across the Atlantic to me. It has not had the benefit of hot water treatment, but the leather still has areas of pronouced grain as the close-up pictures show.

John and I discussed the horsehide and the closest colour he has to horsehide from 1940 is the pigment finish horsehide.This is a very dull brown, and he says after a couple weeks of wear, the high parts get a little shine, and the creases and grain become amazing. I have an original fantail Talon zip slider/pull which I will install on the jacket when it arrives.