• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2xs GW A-2

Rutger

John Lever said:
If we could attenuate him somehow , it would be good to have him back...

Do get the general meaning, not exactly the nuance behind the expression, it supposedly applies to his strong wording, not to the fact that he does have strong opinions.

Just the other day googled him and saw one of his reviews on amazon that developed the same way it did here with about 7 pages of discussing.
Brings up many interesting points, doesn't elaborate enough on it to get his point across, but instead often tends towards remarks like "better check YOUR facts". That's not good, 'cause everybody can find his own convenient facts that fit an already existing opinion.
I would believe he has read a lot on WWII and the surrounding era (and eventually contemporary history), but it would be better if he elaborated with facts/explanations or references to factual sources.

Some people across the forum felt personally attacked. Unusual thing is he may be totally friendly towards those same people on any other subject, so it isn't him attacking a person, rather a (to him) totally wrongly founded opinion.

Anyway, nothing's gonna change, unless he takes a new emailaddress and reenlists with another name.

havocpaul

Woke this morning and surprised (in a good way!) that I won it despite placing my bid hours before the end...I do love goatskin A-2's so hopefully this will fit just fine, and at that price :)

havocpaul

thanks Steve, I do hope so! Drop by and see it when you're next up my way :) (I'm having serious 'ink' withdrawals too!)

ausreenactor

havocpaul said:
Woke this morning and surprised (in a good way!) that I won it despite placing my bid hours before the end...I do love goatskin A-2's so hopefully this will fit just fine, and at that price :)

Karma Baby!! Enjoy!! :D

Couchy