• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 gauntlet style RAF gloves

B-Man2

Brian

Take a look at US Authentics website . I bought a set from them and they are nice.

saucerfiend

John Lever said:
They are the same as the ones from Aero

Guess they don't have them anymore.
John,
Are you familiar with the gloves from Aero? I just got a pair from US Authentic and they're going back today. Shoddy workmanship. Question is are they the same as supplied to Aero?

Brian

John Lever

saucerfiend said:
John Lever said:
They are the same as the ones from Aero

Guess they don't have them anymore.
John,
Are you familiar with the gloves from Aero? I just got a pair from US Authentic and they're going back today. Shoddy workmanship. Question is are they the same as supplied to Aero?

Brian
I think Aero supply Garcia Aviation

ECKHARTUS

Hi, i bought the Aero gloves recently (with a very good Aero service) but I am not very happy with them. The leather is a good quality goatskin but fingers are a little bit long and especially the gloves are not very warm. I don't know why.

coalman

ECKHARTUS said:
Hi, i bought the Aero gloves recently (with a very good Aero service) but I am not very happy with them. The leather is a good quality goatskin but fingers are a little bit long and especially the gloves are not very warm. I don't know why.

I have owned both originals and Aero's and found the Aero's were the same as the original as well as the sizing, dont forget these gloves were designed to be worn over a silk glove which a chamios glove was worn over followed by the leather outers. Some of the rear gunners also wore woolen fingerless gloves over the silk inners instead of the chamois gloves.
I know there are some wartime posters held in the RAFM showing all the flying clothing which you can buy photographic copies of.