• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

1931 GOLDSMITH A-2 Limited Edition of 25

B-Man2

Is this a good choice for a first (maybe only) A-2?
I like the look of it but don’t care much about historic accuracy. I wonder if I wouldn’t be happier getting an unknown maker 1756 in vincenza.
Hi
If historical accuracy isn’t a concern then you should consider one of the up and coming repro makers such as AVI or 5 star leather. You’ll have a fairly nice jacket for about 1/3 of the money as a tier one maker.

B-Man2

Hi
If historical accuracy isn’t a concern then you should consider one of the up and coming repro makers such as AVI or 5 star leather. You’ll have a fairly nice jacket for about 1/3 of the money as a tier one maker.
BTW
The Goldsmith is a recently manufactured A2 jacket which went through a fair amount of research to provide detailed historical accuracy during its development phase. So if historical accuracy isn’t a consideration the Goldsmith might not be for you.

Ken at Aero Leather

No issues, a customer ordered too small a size (the 40") early enough in production for us to offer him a swap for a 42"
The first sample didn't count in our "25"