• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newcomer Here. Question on Five Star A-2 Jacket styles.

mulceber

HA! I can definitely see it going this way. You mentioned JA Dubow. On his site it says that they arent taking any new orders as of Feb 2022. Any insight on that?
You could email him and ask, but tbh, the wait times on Platon's jackets were on the order of 6-8 months, last I checked. My vote would be buy a Five Star and get in line for a GW.

Last edited:

Smithy

Well said Jan.

Just to add and with that said I am highly biased, but get a Poughkeepsie, coolest name that an A-2 can have. Also good, comfortable pattern yet still looks sharp and with a lovely collar and pocket flap shape.

I remember John telling me yonks ago that pretty much anyone can wear a Poughkeepsie, be comfortable in it with good range of movement and it still looks sharp.

Ultimate commitment - get the 5 Star Poughkeepsie and get in the queue for a GW Poughkeepsie ;-)

mulceber

coolest name that an A-2 can have.

puh-kipp-see. And I agree - take it from a local. ;)
IMG_8745.jpeg

Last edited:

Smithy

Yup, cooooooooooolest name for an A-2 Jan.

Who the hell wants a Dubow (sounds like what the kids at school would call a not very sharp kid - "What a bloody dubow!") or for that sake a Roughwear (sounds like one of those condoms with lots of bumps and shit all over it, you know the ones "made for her pleasure"). Doniger sounds like the name for some back of beyond river in Eastern Europe where everybody has chucked shopping trolleys and there's a sawmill pumping crap into it.

No.

Poughkeepsie. Great jacket and cool name ;-)

How would does the Poughkipseee
Well said Jan.

Just to add and with that said I am highly biased, but get a Poughkeepsie, coolest name that an A-2 can have. Also good, comfortable pattern yet still looks sharp and with a lovely collar and pocket flap shape.

I remember John telling me yonks ago that pretty much anyone can wear a Poughkeepsie, be comfortable in it with good range of movement and it still looks sharp.

Ultimate commitment - get the 5 Star Poughkeepsie and get in the queue for a GW Poughkeepsie ;-)
How does the Poughkeepsie differ generally from the others? Sounds like its more relaxed and roomie?

Random Question. I have been looking into Bill Kelso Jackets as a matter of interest. I found a video online from a guy called Wild Bill Kelso reviewing a five star Dubow A2 and saying very good things about it. Is this the same guy? Just seemed interesting that he would be making a video like that.

mulceber

Random Question. I have been looking into Bill Kelso Jackets as a matter of interest. I found a video online from a guy called Wild Bill Kelso reviewing a five star Dubow A2 and saying very good things about it. Is this the same guy? Just seemed interesting that he would be making a video like that.
Bill Kelso takes their name from John Belushi’s character (a fighter pilot) from Spielberg’s “1941.” My guess is that this person was doing the same.

Smithy

How would does the Poughkipseee

How does the Poughkeepsie differ generally from the others? Sounds like its more relaxed and roomie?

To quote the Jedi Master himself...

"The pattern is very smart, and quite comfortable. The shoulders and arm holes are roomy. The collar has a smaller profile, but the hole is large, so the collar won't hold tight to one's neck."

This is many years ago, but I still have the email conversations with John where he told me when I was first thinking about getting a Poughkeepsie, that he thought it was possibly one of the best combinations of comfort and sharpness out of all the contracts.

B-Man2

Nickb123

Yup, cooooooooooolest name for an A-2 Jan.

Who the hell wants a Dubow (sounds like what the kids at school would call a not very sharp kid - "What a bloody dubow!") or for that sake a Roughwear (sounds like one of those condoms with lots of bumps and shit all over it, you know the ones "made for her pleasure"). Doniger sounds like the name for some back of beyond river in Eastern Europe where everybody has chucked shopping trolleys and there's a sawmill pumping crap into it.

No.

Poughkeepsie. Great jacket and cool name ;-)
Funniest thing I’ve read all year