• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caps/Hats/headgear to wear with your flight jackets...

Pa12

The Panama was good for air shows to prevent brain cook.
4F0DB9B1-137B-48E6-A6AC-EF759ABB46FD.jpeg

bozko

Here's a B2 I found at a thrift store a few months ago.Mine's newer than Enigmas (which looks authentic & extremely well preserved ?).It's one of Eastman's Rough Wear repros,I sent them pics & they agreed.
PS-Sorry it posted all of them.
CAP.jpg
m pics & they agreed.

Dumpster D

...Couple pics of your *actual* thrift store find Eastman B-2 cap or it didn't happen, if you kindly please.

Seen what the Eastman Website stuff looks like already, been checking it out for 2 decades now.

MauldinFan

US Air Force "wanna be" motorcycle helmet made by Toys McCoy i wear occasionally ...

I love the helmet coz of the design and use it mostly on my moped - i was after one of them for quiet some time since i saw them in one of the McCoys catalogues and finally found one via a friend who imported it on his own from Japan

KNKQ5YJ.jpg

AM953dk.jpg

LhzHBS8.jpg

zBMthYz.jpg

Wl4XHez.jpg
Those helmets were quite expensive, I've heard. I would say that if I had a motorcycle, I'd have bought one. But they didn't make them for my giant cranium. But man, that looks choice!

Pa12

I see you fly NORDO, is that in the SE5? Tricky to do where I am as the eastern edge of the field is in Heathrow ATZ and it is congested airspace around it. Very cool. What goggles are they?
They’re mk 2 dispatch rider goggles. Yes, the Se5a had no electrics, no radio. I kept it at a grass strip quite a way from any controlled airports. Never flew anywhere but to small private strips. The longest I had ever stayed up in it was 1.5 hrs and I was pretty much numb from my neck down. Pretty uncomfortable aircraft.

coolhandluke

Ebbets Field Flannels caps. All wool and made to size (or adjustable, ick).

A big +1.

I recently ordered three fitted caps from EFF (1940 St. Louis Cardinals, 1943 Notre Dame 8 panel, and 1931 Georgia Tech 8 panel). All are very nicely made. Be sure to use their size calculator. Their caps do run slightly smaller than other cap makers, so I sized up 1/8 on the second and third caps. My '40 Cardinals cap is almost too small.

Stockbridge Sewing Works is another option for a fully custom vintage baseball or mechanics cap. Norma @ SSW made the caps for the original A League of Their Own movie as well as the recent TV adaptation. I just received a Long Beach Oilers cap over the weekend from SSW. Unfortunately, it had an issue, but Norma is taking care of the problem. I went ahead and included a check for an OD colored canvas 8 panel cap along with the returned Oilers cap, so I'll hopefully also have two nice Stockbridge caps shortly as well.

coolhandluke

I wonder how they were able to secure license for the MLB caps when New Era kicked every other manufacturer to the curb?

And why only those few? Wish there were some more Cardinals versions and some White Sox caps.

The MLB licensed caps are collaborations with '47. That's how they were able to secure licensing. The only MLB clubs that they have produced caps for are the 16 original American and National League Teams (most of which are now defunct or have become another franchise). They do have some Pittsburgh Pirate branded items in their Roberto Clemente collection, but I'm not sure how they secured the licensing on those items.

Here are photos of the three EFF caps that I recently purchased. The 8 panel caps with standard (stiff) visors are my favorite. I just wish that the Notre Dame logo was felt rather than embroidery.

20230821_192736.jpg

20230821_192533.jpg

20230821_192635.jpg

Last edited: