• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caps/Hats/headgear to wear with your flight jackets...

Thomas Koehle

Gents,

we discuss and compare denims, watches, boots to combine with flight-jackets.

Well - an essential part of someones apperance is whatever he wears on his head: construction workers are distinguished by their hardhats, police-officers wear their police-badge on their hats, gentlemen used to wear hats and any other kind of headgear throughout the 40ies - 50ies i'd say.

You simply couldn't look "dapper" without any headgear.

I wanna start with a new cap that just came in (AMAZON-driver is still around the corner) together with HUGAULTS latest "ANGEL WINGS" issue (i know i'm late - was originally issued already last year).

Still those "trucker caps" look pretty casual to me - opposite to the more modern versions with the totally straight brim/visor which the younger dudes or "Rappers" wear.

I was pretty amazed to find one with my favourite WW2 fighter on it and thought i'd share some pics ...

As far as i know - even though STETSON is a pure american Brand - those trucker caps are manufactured by STETSON Europe only - maker tag indicates the distributor is located in Cologne, Germany

GSempdr.jpg

GluNExv.jpg

i got of couple of these already with different logos on the shield - pricewise they are at around 40.- Euro which is pretty pricey compared to the prices they ask for trucker caps in the US

Looking forward to some more pics of your headgear ...

Cheers
Thomas

Last edited:

D97x7

I mostly wear beanie sort of things in the winter but I do love this Amazonian Tarp Hat, not exactly cool, well if my mates opinions are anything to go by, lol.
It does have one strange effect though, people seem to talk to me more when I'm wearing it, no idea why.
FB_IMG_1680280982060.jpg
FB_IMG_1680280988888.jpg

Harris_HTM

I though I had a deja-vu when I lined up my paper boy hats for a photo for this thread.
Indeed there was a similar thread previous year:

Enigma1938

Always w

Always wanted one. Looks like it would be very warm. Who do you reckon builds the best example these days?
I dunno who makes the best of the best (maybe good wear does them too ?)
Mine is from Eastman and it's top notch in quality and authenticity

Chandler

I though I had a deja-vu when I lined up my paper boy hats for a photo for this thread.
Indeed there was a similar thread previous year:

:D