• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L-2A Finally Arrived!!

USMC_GAU-21

Been a long cold snowy winter here in old southern Maryland, so that equals way to much time on the internet for the
Gunny.

But, I have found some great deals on Nylon for the collection. Over the last few weeks I have posted some pics of the new arrivals.

Well up for your consideration is my latest buy from Canada:

1950 -56 'ish
Superior Togs Corp
SPEC MIL-J-5319A
Size 38

4396212376_369565c4a0_b.jpg

4395448223_9941d8abe9_b.jpg

4395458755_ef2d4f10f2_b.jpg

4396230234_fc331c43a2_b.jpg

4395454193_d4a25655c6_b.jpg

Very faint US AIR FORCE Stencil:

4395455653_961091c693_b.jpg

4396221184_d6cf629861_b.jpg

4395445241_1bf15f784f_b.jpg

4395446675_65355c06df_b.jpg

The knits are in very good shape for this jacket. I am very happy with the overall condition for what I paid. One of the more expensive ones I have gone after......but nothing like a $2500 A-2.....

Anyways, looked all over on the inside for a white stencil, and did not find any trace, but that does not mean it wasn't there.

I also just received a 1960 L-2B, by Skyline I will post it next.

r/Gy Dan

Weasel_Loader

Nice find. I gave up a long time ago on L-2s because of the short lengths, but I still admire them. That ones has had a lot of wear but still very collectible. ;)

watchmanjimg

Peter Graham said:
I've never seen that type of Talon on a nylon jacket.

That's what I was thinking also, Peter. I really think it should have a blackened Conmar.

In any case, congrats to Dan on acquiring a very rare jacket!

USMC_GAU-21

I looked at both the examples I have of a "Superior Togs Corp" jacket I have for reference and yes the Conmar is different.

but for the life of me, the zipper looks factory.....but it is not original to the jacket as far as off the factory floor as they had the wide end Conmar with the Leather Pull. The pencil pocket has the correct zip, and that is why I took a picture of it.

You guys are GOOD! If this is a replacement, which I think it is, I venture to think it was done in the 50's or 60's. (I hope)

Anyways, the rest of jacket looks great and it is a hole in the 50's Nylon I have wanted to fill for a very long time.

r/Gy Dan

greyhound52

I have the same maker size 42 and the length is probably the longest on any L-2B I have ever had so no issue with the length
front_view_flat.jpg

This one is featured in John's CD and yes I think your zipper was replaced looks like a 1950s replacement. I had the exact same zipper on one of my L-2Bs which I replaced with an original Crown I got from MASH. BTW I was able to get a replacement zipper for my L-2B NOS from MASH. Not listed on their website but if you email them you can get one if they still have them. Oh I got the history on this jacket it was a USAF pilot who flew P-51s in WW2, F-86 in Korea and had a tour in NAM. Shot down a MIG over Korea. Pretty cool when you have this info.

oose

Hi,
Great jacket, I wondered who snaged this one, I had my eye on this, my size and all!, I just had no funds in January :( Should look great in your collection, Glad its got a good home :D

stu