• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on a N-2A?

Jason

Hi all,
I've been poking around ebay for a while now looking for a Medium N-2A in blue - do you know how hard it is to find one in that size?? Seems like I was waiting for ages.
But then this popped up:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0368121811

thought I'd be smart and wait to see what it goes for... no bids! So just what would the 'average' price for a blue nylon N-2A go for in a medium size?

Thanks,
Jason

Atticus

Good to hear from you again, Jason.

I think that N-2As are relatively inexpensive jackets, given how old they are. I bought one a few years ago and paid about 150 USD, as I recall. Of course, mine is size XL. I would say that the starting bid on the jacket you were watching was reasonable (even thoough it didn't sell), but the BIN price was way optimistic. I think a few months ago, Jim was offering a size XL Mastland in excellent condition for under 200 USD. I can't remember if he sold it or not.

AF

kevlarg

It ended with now bids. I see these come up from time to time. Unfortunately the nylon is usually very discolored in spots which sounds like something non-fixable. $100 would have been a good price for the jacket you posted.

watchmanjimg

Atticus said:
Good to hear from you again, Jason.

I think that N-2As are relatively inexpensive jackets, given how old they are. I bought one a few years ago and paid about 150 USD, as I recall. Of course, mine is size XL. I would say that the starting bid on the jacket you were watching was reasonable (even thoough it didn't sell), but the BIN price was way optimistic. I think a few months ago, Jim was offering a size XL Mastland in excellent condition for under 200 USD. I can't remember if he sold it or not.

AF

I did sell it--in a heartbeat. Here's the link so you can check out the description and pics:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2306

I agree with AF that these aren't terribly expensive jackets. I think part of the reason is their limited usefulness to those who don't live in very cold climates. That said, I'm not sure the BIN was that out of line for a nice example. Probably somewhere between $100-$200 is OK depending on condition. This particular one may not be the best, but then again they're not exactly growing on trees . . .

Weasel_Loader

If you can ever find a N-2A by Aviators Clothing Co, they have the Crown zippers and real fur. VERY hard to find and worth much more than the typical C.H. Maslands or Drybak. The S.H. Knopf, Reed and Monarch can also be very difficult to find. I've only seen simulated Badger fur on Maslands and Drybak but the others might have had a few runs with real fur. ;)

Atticus

Weasel_Loader said:
If you can ever find a N-2A by Aviators Clothing Co, they have the Crown zippers and real fur. VERY hard to find and worth much more than the typical C.H. Maslands or Drybak. The S.H. Knopf, Reed and Monarch can also be very difficult to find. I've only seen simulated Badger fur on Maslands and Drybak but the others might have had a few runs with real fur. ;)

Danny, this one is a S. H. Knopf, but I think the fur is simulated badger.

JackiesTesters064-1.jpg

AF