• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes or No ?? should i , or shouldnt i ???

Silver Surfer

second contract dubow. it looks rock solid. however, the zipper is a replacement, all be it, a nicely done and acceptable job at that. these second contract dubows are rather rare in that only 5000 were made, and they rarely show up for sale, especially in vg wearable condition. get measurements,, and if its a fit [yes, to be worn], jump on it with both feet. they are slightly different then subsequent dubow contracts, in that the sleeves and body are slightly narrower then the later dubows. funny to see it listed, as i am considering selling mine which is in super condition, and an even rarer real size 42. hmm......

Silver Surfer

second contract dubow. it looks rock solid. however, the zipper is a replacement, all be it, a nicely done and acceptable job at that. these second contract dubows are rather rare in that only 5000 were made, and they rarely show up for sale, especially in vg wearable condition. get measurements,, and if its a fit [yes, to be worn], jump on it with both feet. they are slightly different then subsequent dubow contracts, in that the sleeves and body are slightly narrower then the later dubows. the provenance seems to be aok, as well. all that said, expect to spend some coin. funny to see it listed, as i am considering selling mine which is in super condition, and an even rarer real size 42. hmm......sorry bout the double reply, seems i am out witted by the computer once again.

dmar836

The zip looks okay from the open-flap position. But looking at the left side(right in pics), the zip was stitched with yellow thread(seen elsewhere too) and it looks to be kinda haphazard in the stitching. Just don't want that to be a surprise if you get it. Other than that, that's a nice jacket with good history included.
Best of luck!
Dave

littlebuddy

Thanks for all the help guys ! Looks like I might throw my hat in the ring with this one as long as the sizes come up to me !!

Carl

bseal

The senator may have worn 48 hr Mitchum solid antiperspirant deodorant, so no problems with odors. ;)

Roughwear

I agree with the others. This second contract Dubow is in better than average condition despite the replaced zipper. BTW the original contract was for 10,000 jackets, but few surface these days. Go for it buddy! :)

littlebuddy

OK ,the ten thousand dollar question !!! what should i be paying for this ?? Yes i want an A2 but i dont want to go overboard if you know what i mean

thanks again all

Carl

dmar836

Is it for a wearer? You are just wanting a representative example of an A-2 that fits IIRC. What's it worth to you? That's where I would start. I think this one has more collector value than "wearer" value. So you can't go wrong.
I like it and wish you were on my side of the pond so I could fix the zip issue for you.
Dave