• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

WWII Russian Flight jackets

B-Man2

Ken
I really like this one please let me know when you begin accepting orders.
Cheers

Flightengineer

Not far I got this old photo, may be it will be interesting in this thread.

It show old russian flight leather jacket wear by Mi-1 heli pilot.
These picture from my old friend Victor, former helicopter pilot . Photo was taken in early 1950-s by his Mi-1 instructor, pilot Igor Tsimelman (unfortunately Igor has already died).

It never been published anywhere - photo from Victor's home archives.

Silver Surfer

original wwll-50s soviet belt backs show up now and again, but are usually in poor condition, as they were kept in the service and passed along from a discharged officer to the next incoming airman. also, when they are available, they are often in larger sizes, ie: 42, 44, 46.

Flightengineer

Are those dead wolves by their feet? :eek:
Apparently yes, as the old people said, at that time was increasing wolves population, violating the natural balance and severely cutting sheep and causing great damage and were periodically shot back in Kakhakhstan.

dinomartino1

Original WW2 1943 or 44 dated leather Soviet Pilot’s helmet. Iwith throat microphone. Has a nearly illegible maker’s label inside, with a date of either 1943 or 1944. The last digit is partially obscured, and very hard to read. Right ear cup is marked “AB.” This is the summer version of the helmet, without the fur lining.

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_2.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_3.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_6.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_7.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_8.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_9.jpg

soviet_WWII_leather_flight_helmet_with_goggles_12.jpg