• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 US airborne A-2 jackets

shiloh

Hello everybody,

Any pics/photo's out there from A-2 jackets used by WW2 US airborne officers?

Many thanks,

Shiloh

Roughwear

Here are some pics of my size 42 United Sheeplined A2 which was worn by an officer in the Airborne.It is made of thick, grainy HH. The zip is a triple marked Talon.

Picture167a.jpg

Picture192a.jpg

Picture193a.jpg

Picture195a.jpg

Picture196.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Picture202a.jpg

Peter Graham

Somewhere I have a book about the 82nd Airborne while stationed in Northern Ireland. It has several photos of officers wearing 82nd badged A-2's. If I can find it amidst the chaos of moving house I'll post the pics.

bob capa

Also in Mark Bandos book "The screaming eagles at Normandy" there a pic of a 326th Airborne Engineer Battalion Lt wearing one if i had a scanner i would scan it as its a pretty cool pic. And i beleive i remember seeing a few Michel Detrez books where there are pics of airborne dudes wearing A-2's.

shiloh

Thank you all very much for your posts up till now.

Andrew, I really like your Jacket, colour, grain and thickness. Awesome.

Very curious about the scans that will be made. :) :)

Regards,

Shiloh

Roughwear

shiloh said:
Thank you all very much for your posts up till now.

Andrew, I really like your Jacket, colour, grain and thickness. Awesome.

Very curious about the scans that will be made. :) :)

Regards,

Shiloh

Thanks Shiloh. These pics are not the best as they were taken using my old camera a couple of years ago. Perhaps I should take some decent ones.

bob capa

These photos are from a wide area of the MTO and ETO
including postwar Berlin
The A2 was a standard bit of Airborne officer uniform as was A4 flight suits and Avo kitbags pre and postwar
I also have pics of Airborne officers wearing B10s and B3s (not issued,scrounged)

anyhow enjoy or else

P9160034.jpg

Peter Graham

Great pics Bob. Love the one with the calf. A-2's and M-42 jump pants look cool together. Is that you in the last pic ? You look like an 'interesting' character.

bob capa

its one of the Bobs

The other Bob was behind the lense,i am a character,agreed

just thought i should make an effort for the rest of the crazys out there,strange noone mentioned my jacket on a leather jacket forum,hmmmmm?

Andrew

Hey Bob, I was also thinking interesting look and great jacket, Spanish Civil War in Sydney? Couldn't be- you'd be drinking a short black. :cool:

Chandler

bob capa said:
strange noone mentioned my jacket on a leather jacket forum,hmmmmm?

The world's first "mock" vintage flight jacket? The rare and elusive G-8, made popular by Avirex and the Cockpit? Meh.

I'm more concerned that you aren't following safe firearm practices with your finger on the trigger and are about to put a 230 grain slug through your puttees! :D

Chandler

bob capa

Chandler
The jacket is based on the real jacket worn by Lucian King Truscott during ww2,Avirex,G8,Cockpit that hurt,man
The vibe was more whacky races than Spanish(un)Civil War,its a latte so that makes me a southerner and agreed on the sloppy gun drills but its a toy gun so what the heck,only young once
anyhow here is the Truscott jacket on left
FCA32GCRHCACPY87SCA0BD091CA9VJCJACA.jpg

NA004771.jpg