• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 B-15

Peter Graham

havocpaul said:
And Peter Graham's too?
Indeed it is and it looks pretty good although the waistband looks to have been replaced. It's actually a B-15a. A lot were made without the leather tabs. Sadly, I just don't have £250 to spare and these days I only have eyes for nylon....jackets that is !

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
It's actually a B-15a. A lot were made without the leather tabs.

So it is ... were they made without the tabs, or were they removed later?

hacker

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:
It's actually a B-15a. A lot were made without the leather tabs.

So it is ... were they made without the tabs, or were they removed later?

Many B-15a's were made without the leather tabs. I had one recently that I listed on eBay that was truly mint except for the typical moth holes on the knits. Had it fit better I might have kept it. I actually prefer that model without the leather tabs.

Hacker

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
hacker said:
Many B-15a's were made without the leather tabs.

Thanks Hacker ....

So it was just the addition of the vox tabs, that changed the specification from B-15, to B-15A? I had assumed that the triangular tabs had been removed by Mother, when the jackets entered civilian life.

Does anyone know whether the omitted tabs were all from the first group of contracts, or were they supplied randomly without?

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
So it was just the addition of the vox tabs, that changed the specification from B-15, to B-15A?

The sleeve pocket is different (I prefer the one on the B-15A), though I don't see any sleeve pocket on that one linked in the first post.

TankBuster

I've seen a few with nametags. I actually own one that looks very
similar to this one, except in a size 42. Fits more like a 44.
This one will probably fit more like a modern 40 or 42. Nice jacket!