• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 A-2 flight jacket-POUGHKEEPSIE-1942-SIZE-40

Andrew

Just received a message from him. Make of it what you like but personally i'm still not convinced.
This was my question;

Your auction implies that this is a complete original named jacket when in fact you have added the CBI which you won in an auction on the 27th Sept. It is apparent that you have at least added the patch to the original jacket in order to inflate the price.

I also suspect that you have had the artwork added as it is obviously the same artist and style of weathering which appears on all your painted jackets.

I believe that you should cancel this auction as the jacket is in part fabricated.

I and a lot of other Jacket and WWII history lovers I know would like to know your explanation for this obvious fabrication."

His response;

"Hi there,
���������(�I'm sending this twice just in case you didn't get the other E-mail.�)You
are absolutely right! I bought this CBI�patch with the express purpose of putting it on this
jacket.When�I bought this jacket it had the stitch marks of a CBI shield but no patch. All
the rest of the jacket is 100% though! I wanted to complete the jacket and restore it with a
WW2 CBI shield.However, my intent was not to decieve. I had my wife write the description to
the jacket and she did not put in it that the shield was put on by a tailor.how could she
know.That is my fault for not mentioning that. I want you to know that�I have taken the
jacket off E-bay and may re list later with the correct addition.I very sorry to you and all
your friends for this error.I have been collecting for over 30 years and would never do such
a thing purposely.This is a gross oversight and has been corrected. Thank you for bringing
it to my attention. Cheers,J.C

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever."Mahatma Gandhi
"

havocpaul

Mmm, interesting excuse! If the rest of the jacket was genuine it seems strange why the CBI shield would have been removed previously, the unofficial unit patch would surely have also been removed too. (Patch collectors would have loved it!). He could have contacted the bidders to point it out rather than end it immediately so I'm not convinced. I also am puzzled that when I questioned about the mysterious circle patch on the Aero B-3 he did reply that it was a possible depot repair but then didn't post my question for other bidders to see. It sold for more than its worth with the repair but it was never mentioned in the listing (did his wife also write that). That reply might keep eBay off his back but I think a reputation has been tarnished permanently. Sad.

Andrew

Well at least it saved some poor sod shelling out for something that wasn't what he believed, although i'm sure the others who were bidding will have no idea why the auction suddenly stopped and will probably just assume that someone offered bigger bucks for this "rare piece of history". I wonder if the Flier he refers to actually was somebody? Deeb?

Another plus is that he's now aware that the VLJ community is onto what he's doing so he may well stop doing it, or at least slow him down a little. Thanks for the pm's too.

In the meantime we shall keep this file OPEN. :cool:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
I wonder if the Flier he refers to actually was somebody? Deeb?

Google can't find him ...

But I got to reread the description, and I have to say it doesn't have a very wife-like appearance.

deeb7 said:
Andrew said:
I wonder if the Flier he refers to actually was somebody? Deeb?

Google can't find him ...

But I got to reread the description, and I have to say it doesn't have a very wife-like appearance.

Tragic isn't it?..... blaming the missus......

I can't remember, did the description end with the usual "God Bless" ?...should've been "God help you if you win"

Bevan.

ausreenactor said:
it doesn't have a very [i said:
wife-like[/i] appearance.

You should see my wife! You'd sh*t yourself!

Couchy

Mate, she better not see that post :lol: ( the funniest I've read in a long time !), 'cause it'll be you that's shitting yourself, not us...

Bevan.