• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW11 A-2 PAINTED JACKET B-25

Andrew

Beautiful looking jacket and art- it looks old to me but it could be new old I guess. Seller sounds like an asshole though so i'd be wary even if I were able to bid (hope he's not a member... :cool: )

Roughwear

I love the art work, but it appears to have been done either at the end of the jacket's wartime service life or much more recently. There is no wear to the artwork yet plenty to the jacket with wear marks appearing to extend under the painting. Perhaps the vet's children had it done long after the war as a present for Dad?

TankBuster

The artwork looks original to me. However, there is no provenance, so who knows for sure. There are some tell tale signs that help to determine originality. I will not share them here though. There's no need to help the fakers and unethical sellers get any better at their trade!

zoomer

It's so good it makes me suspicious...altho there were some professional artists around, of course.

CBI

the paint job does not have 60 year old wear. Not that all of the jackets look trashed out now but there is not enough pile vs. cracked piant. Kind of hard to sum up in/on a short post. I am sure its not original BUT its very nice work. Also the font is pretty suspect. ;)