• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow, this stuff DOES rub off on your family...

fishmeok

Got this message from my sister- we have had discussions about flight jackets and I gave her my old copy of the Eastman book just to give her an idea of what we dig...

"You will appreciate this...I was at the surplus store we have here, (pretty small and lame, hadn't been there in a while) and they had some uniforms and coats. I was looking at them and there was a so called A2 and I was inspecting it and the sales guy came over and started to give me the "this jacket is original" speal...I laughed at the guy after he spent 20 mins telling me it wasn't a repop when I showed him that the zipper was plastic. It was hilarious, and cool to be right."

So now thats me, my brother, AND sister who are down with the funk, so to speak... :D
Cheers
Mark

Stony

Yes, it is humorous sometimes when someone tries to pawn off a repop as the real thing or they think it's a good repop. They usually get either defensive or shut up when you start spouting out knowledge about the subject.