• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst jacket you eyer owned

Enigma1938

I just wonder what the worst jacket was you ever owned or purchased and most important: why was it that bad ?

Mine was probably a Noble House Winter "Kanaljacke" I bought around 10 years ago. It looked ok on the website but was totally wrong as I held it in my hands.
The cut was ok, the fleece was nice and it was pretty warm. But the zippers were cheap crap, the closure tabs on the wrist were sewn on upside-down. the main zipper was sewn in totally wrong but the worst part was the cloth shell. It was an extreme dust and fluff magnet. In a word, the jacket was unusable. 500 bucks for nothing, sent it back immediately.

What's you story?

B-Man2

Good idea for a thread !
Ive been trying to think about this but I guess I’ve been very fortunate, as I can’t remember ever buying a jacket that was so bad, that I sent it back . I remember early on in this hobby talking to an older guy , who’s probably gone by now , who told me, “ Son , before you buy anything collectible, buy books on the subject and don’t just look at the pictures … read them . “ I took his advice and I’ve been fortunate that I’ve never gotten burned on a jacket . Now, I’m thinking to myself that writing this for all to see, is like calling in an air strike on your own position . I’ll probably get burned on the very next jacket I buy:rolleyes:

MikeyB-17

Struggling to think of a jacket I’ve owned that I didn’t keep because it was crap-no end of them that didn’t fit or I just wanted the money for something else. There was once a sale page D-1 from Aero, made with some spare sheepskin found in the factory, which I didn’t think was tough enough to stand up to much wear and tear, the fleece was straight and fluffy with no curl at all, and the collar hung down like spaniel’s ears. Somebody else might have been fine with it, but I wasn’t happy. I sent it back and put the refund towards my beloved B-3, so it all worked out in the end.

Tylbor

I have opposite experience with selling few very nice jackets and regretting to do so. About 30 years ago, when in high school I was very interested in US military jackets and had some. But later I decided to sell them because it was no longer my hobby. I regret selling especially a slant pocket jungle shirt that was almost in an immaculate condition. And this was bad.