• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winter is here!!!

Atticus

Clark J said:
The N3-b is going to work today!!!!!CRAP!!!!
I'll be in Milwaukee in three weeks. I'm shipping one of my N-3Bs to my Jackie's parents' house today or tomorrow. I also bought one of those silly "Mad Bomber" rabbit fur hats from Cabelas to take along.

By the way, our return trip has a short lay over in Minneapolis. I'm not sure why a trip from Milwaukee to Raleigh would take one to Minneapolis, but what the hell, I don't think I've ever been to Minna-snowda before.

AF

zoomer

4172436030_09684c7ac2_o.jpg

M-444 reporting for duty.
We've got 12" here and 12°F with gusts to 35!
YIPPEE :D

fishmeok

Atticus said:
Clark J said:
The N3-b is going to work today!!!!!CRAP!!!!
I'll be in Milwaukee in three weeks. I'm shipping one of my N-3Bs to my Jackie's parents' house today or tomorrow. I also bought one of those silly "Mad Bomber" rabbit fur hats from Cabelas to take along.

By the way, our return trip has a short lay over in Minneapolis. I'm not sure why a trip from Milwaukee to Raleigh would take one to Minneapolis, but what the hell, I don't think I've ever been to Minna-snowda before.

AF

Make it a long layover, and Clark and I will show you why a B-3 is, in fact, sometimes a practical clothing item...
Cheers
Mark

SuinBruin

It is COLD here in NoCal these days. I know that it ain't much by midwestern standards (I grew up in St. Louis, and I've lived in Chicago), but we've been getting below freezing temps here and some snow. Snow! What is the world coming to?

I'm a Californian, dammit, I'm not built for these conditions! :lol:

Atticus

fishmeok said:
Make it a long layover, and Clark and I will show you why a B-3 is, in fact, sometimes a practical clothing item...
Cheers
Mark
Actually, I'm looking forward to our trip. A few of our friends think we're crazy as shithouse rats for heading so far north in late December, but summer here is so damn hot and so damn long, I just want to see snow and ice...and lots of it.

Ironically, the last time I was in Wisconsin in January (two years ago?), I could have easily managed with only a MA-1, or even an L-2B! But I doubt that lightning will strike twice. :roll:

BTW, Clark, your old Star asked me to say "hi" to you. I'm wearing it about twice a week, now.

AF

Vcruiser

Snowing here in midHoosierland right now with gusting howling high wind.
About an inch of whispy fluff blowing around on the ground again.
I don't even have the B6 out. I'm not going out!
Wrapping Christmas presents around the fire.
ComeonSpring
SummerTimeVan

Tim P

Temperate as ever here in the UK. late jan and feb get colder but never extreme. on occasion something as heavy as a b3 comes into its own. Was glad of it at the annual German market last year. may wear my new irvin this time.. sorry raf pattern flying jacket. :roll: apologies to ALC or whomever..
may chat up a usaf dude for a current parka although a blue one would be best.. do buzz do them?

Clark J

"BTW, Clark, your old Star asked me to say "hi" to you. I'm wearing it about twice a week, now"
Hey lawyer sounds like your ready for another one...or maybe another nylon..just let me know!!!!

Atticus

Vcruiser said:
Snowing here in midHoosierland right now with gusting howling high wind.
About an inch of whispy fluff blowing around on the ground again.
I don't even have the B6 out. I'm not going out!
Wrapping Christmas presents around the fire.
ComeonSpring
SummerTimeVan
Its mid December, almost Yuletime, Christmas in the Old North State,
(and its hotter than a two-peckered goat.)
Jackets mildew, summer's a lifetime, woolknits now soft moth bait.
(and yankees wear'n Innthrees...or so somebody wrote.)
I'm tired of T-shirts! I'm tired of flip-flops! Gimmie leather and old blue jeans...
I'm lookin' black ice! I'm lookin' snow drifts! Gimmie temps down in the teens...
Its mid December, soon be springtime, warm rain in the Old North State,
Leather hangs there...is it cold yet? Maybe never at this rate!
(and Brits are rockin' Beethrees...and Luftwaffe leather coats.)

AF

hacker

Colder then a polar bears shadow :x .....started this morning with minus numbers...now that the snow stopped :lol: ........when the hell is that global warming going to get here?.......ehhh, the tree's going up, heating up some rum (a.k.a Colorado anti-freeze)...yeah.......happy days!

1FrozenHackr

well, downunder the jackets are a distant memory, only a wetsuit and sunblock reqd, next time I go for a paddle it'll be a rashtop and boardies..

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

BEVAN

fleet16b

Well, you guys are all lucky ...those are all warm temps to a Canadian
Up here in Canada it's definitely Irvin Sheepskin time. Mines been out of the closest almost a month.
It is going to be -15c in the a.m. with winds gusting to 35 km
and I will be pulling the engine out of my bi-plane ......OUTSIDE !!!!
As we say up here in the Great White North " you have to be born here " in order to take the climate
You xcan always tell the transplants as they are bundled up in September ....LOL

hacker

fleet16b said:
Well, you guys are all lucky ...those are all warm temps to a Canadian
Up here in Canada it's definitely Irvin Sheepskin time. Mines been out of the closest almost a month.
It is going to be -15c in the a.m. with winds gusting to 35 km
and I will be pulling the engine out of my bi-plane ......OUTSIDE !!!!
As we say up here in the Great White North " you have to be born here " in order to take the climate
You xcan always tell the transplants as they are bundled up in September ....LOL

You can spot the Canadian's in Florida during winter....they're roaming around in their shorts while native Floridian's are bundled up when the temp drops below 65F :lol:

Hacker

Peter Graham

Here in Ireland temperatures have been dropping rapidly. Just a few weeks ago I was wearing an A-2 every day, then the N-2B had to come out of the closet and this morning the B-9 appeared. Brrrrr :?

Atticus

Today, I woke to temps way down in the mid 'thirties. Its an arctic blast, I tell you! But not to worry. Tomorrow it'll warm back into the 'sixties.

AF

flightmac

Atticus, I'm going to be in Hilton Head around New Years. Would you know what the weather's like there? Thanks.

P.S. - Yes, I've looked up the climate data online, but I'd like to get a personal opinion.