• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why no one wants it? ELC Hartmann 46L

Jeff M

I'm guessing it's size isn't helping it much.
46 isn't that uncommon...but not as common as 44 or 42.
Then toss in the fact it is a custom "Long"....just whittles down the list of potential customers.

A

Anonymous

Yea, there is very few of us tall muscular guys around. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ausreenactor

Out of all the jackets I have ever owned the Hartmann is the only one that
has ever received 100% positive comment from non-Jacket types. As a 'dress'
jacket it is zee bomb!

Couchy

Marv

ausreenactor said:
jacket it is zee bomb!

Couchy

I too agree, I really like the Hartmann and tried one on at DUxford this year.

Very comfortable in the new cape skin but very snug, I tried on a size 48 reg (my usual size is 46) which fitted great so unless you are super skinny then you would probably need to go up a size if you were to get one.

ausreenactor

Marv said:
ausreenactor said:
jacket it is zee bomb!

Couchy

I too agree, I really like the Hartmann and tried one on at DUxford this year.

Very comfortable in the new cape skin but very snug, I tried on a size 48 reg (my usual size is 46) which fitted great so unless you are super skinny then you would probably need to go up a size if you were to get one.

Paul, I elected to gamble on the 42 as the 44 I had was long in the sleeves. I wear it unzipped and do not button the cuffs. VERY comfortable in the capeskin.. Smells good too. Happy to be an ugly duckling. Unfortunately the style stops at the collar...

Couchy

Marv

I like em so I guess it's just down to personal taste.........bring on the Hartmanns :)

Andrew

I'm with Couchy and Paul, it's a great alternative to the A-2, albeit slightly short waisted by modern standards. I have a 46 ( possibly a long however) but I'll measure it when I get back home next week.

It's a sharp design and I like the collar shape as its like that of a shirt. The cape's fantastic too. My only issue with it is the chest on mine is slightly pouffy- a little excessive.