• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is this jacket going for crazy money

ausreenactor

a2jacketpatches said:
Shill bidding?

(0) and (1) feedback bidders going insane... Has to be a piss take. Just keep nudging it until there are still a couple of bids above you. Then
watch the seller cancel the other bids and instantly you are the high bidder with a 'valid' bid. As long as it is 14 hours or more to go you can
cancel your bid. I love situations like this... Have a little fun with it. :cool:

Silver Surfer

monkeyshines for sure. a repainted back art work, "my fathers", blah, blah, blah a-2 [no name,average condition, no label] just sold for over 2k. true value? maybe $750-$800 tops. the final price got my attention so i reviewed the bidding, and just as this one, lotsa bids from not one, but two bidders with diddly squat feed back. a regular game of silly bugger, monkey in the middle. i wonder if either or both of these a-2s will be relisted.

Roughwear

Bid manipulation for sure. The poor condition of the jacket suggests a value of $300-400 max to me on a good day.

It is my listing and I agree with the valuation placed on here. Never in my wildest dream did I think it was worth what the first auction was bid to.

Likewise, I don't shill bid. Auctioning is my business and I would never risk my reputation doing that. I dont care what this jacket goes for, I dont deal in jackets and I am selling it because I just dont have room for it in my collection for it. Enough people on here are aware of the quantity and quality of the jackets I buy, this one just doesn't belong and thus why it was started at $99 just to let it go.

I am a Top Rated seller with 100% feedback and thousands of transactions a year. My company sells firearms and related items and this is just my hobby - again, the jacket will sell for whatever it sells for.

Believe me, no one was more pissed off about the nonsense in the original auction than me and I knew immediately it wouldn't be paid for. Being tagged a shill bidder for this is 10 times worse and what happened was out of my control. Ebay wont let me leave negative feedback for those bidders, but the first and second place bidders from the last auction have been blocked forever.

I just want the jacket to go to another home, for whatever it goes for.

ADC

spencer.hoglund said:
It is my listing and I agree with the valuation placed on here. Never in my wildest dream did I think it was worth what the first auction was bid to.

Likewise, I don't shill bid. Auctioning is my business and I would never risk my reputation doing that. I dont care what this jacket goes for, I dont deal in jackets and I am selling it because I just dont have room for it in my collection for it. Enough people on here are aware of the quantity and quality of the jackets I buy, this one just doesn't belong and thus why it was started at $99 just to let it go.

I am a Top Rated seller with 100% feedback and thousands of transactions a year. My company sells firearms and related items and this is just my hobby - again, the jacket will sell for whatever it sells for.

Believe me, no one was more pissed off about the nonsense in the original auction than me and I knew immediately it wouldn't be paid for. Being tagged a shill bidder for this is 10 times worse and what happened was out of my control. Ebay wont let me leave negative feedback for those bidders, but the first and second place bidders from the last auction have been blocked forever.

I just want the jacket to go to another home, for whatever it goes for.

Thanks for letting us know. Any idea why it went this way?

a2jacketpatches

Didn't even know it was you Spencer when I commented. Certainly raises a red flag but knowing you personally and as a no-nonsense customer of mine, I'm sure there's more to this than meets the eye. One thing I'd recommend is contacting Ebay, They are able to investigate a bidders location, other possible accounts, etc. Especially considering this makes you look bad to other Ebay members. Could be something as simple as two dickheads trying to piss each other off at your expense. Strange things have happened in my 15 years on Ebay and I've got a very large blocked list on two accounts.

I had some issues on a past transaction with the second place bidder: "millemar-0". When I noticed he was the high bidder at around $500 I messaged him asking if he was actually going to pay for this jacket. Not long after I did that, he replied that he was no longer high bidder and when I logged on to check, "akosneb-0" was the high bidder at the absurd price. I sent messages to this winning bidder and never even got a response. I think "millemar-0" created the new account as a sacrificial account and he bid it up just to leave me stuck with the jacket again and create suspicion, which has apparently worked...

I am very upset about this and cannot explain why degenerates screw with honest people... Again, I dont care what the jacket goes for and between my firearms auctions and ebay auctions I have a spotless track record and sell many valuable firearms and firearms related items every week. I sure wouldnt risk my reputation for one worn and poor quality jacket. Thanks for hearing me out.

a2jacketpatches

"Malicious buying" is what the ebay policy violation is called I believe. I've nailed more than one guy in the past for it. Just creating another account to avoid being blocked on the first account makes a member guilty of this. Ebay can easily figure this one out.

Silver Surfer

my apologies. the bidding followed a pattern seen by many of us, that indicates monkey shines. when i miscue, i appreciate being told that i have done so. again, my apologies, and the best of luck with your auction. btw: ive had some of these assholes work my auctions, and yes when you contact them, they melt into the mist. it leaves a foul taste in the mouth, and the hassle of relisting makes potential buyers weary.