• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I married this woman

a2jacketpatches

Just got her the correct type of brush and ink to render nice Chinese characters. Not the only reason I married her but warm fuzzy feeling came over me the first time I saw her write a Blood Chit in 3 minutes flat. She was rolling her eyes and kind of irritated while I was trying to snap this photo, anyone guess how I got such a smile? :twisted: It wasn't "Say Cheese"

dujardin

happiness ... happiness
coollllllllllllll

i think she's smiling, because she , she knows what she wrote .... maybe something completely different than the official text.
something like : the guy who is wearing this jacket is a stupid idiot :lol:

a2jacketpatches

dujardin said:
happiness ... happiness
coollllllllllllll

i think she's smiling, because she , she knows what she wrote .... maybe something completely different than the official text.
something like : the guy who is wearing this jacket is a stupid idiot :lol:

Good guess, but lets not give her any ideas.

Skip

Not even going to try to answer that one sir, but you have a very talented wife and indeed, family... long may you prosper

foster

Just a guess, but is the smile because you promised to cook dinner and clean the dishes in exchange for her doing the artwork?
(It would work in my house.)

Fantastic work as always!

dmar836

Reminds me of the people who get Chinese character tattoos to look deep only to find they have a different, often embarrassing, meaning.
Best,
Dave

a2jacketpatches

I assure everyone that the Chinese says what it's supposed to say and have no hidden meaning, but all this talk reminds me of my very short lived first marriage. True story, We had the ceremony in Negril, Jamaica just the two of us and Pastor Willis. I bought a staff that was an uprooted small tree and the roots were the dreadlocks of a carved figure head at the top. I just thought it was very cool and the carving was outstanding. Propped it up in the corner of the bedroom only to find out within 6 months by a friend that it was bad luck to remove such a thing from the island. also found out it gave my wife and her boyfriend the creeps after finding it turned around several times. :lol:

ButteMT61

a2jacketpatches said:
I assure everyone that the Chinese says what it's supposed to say and have no hidden meaning, but all this talk reminds me of my very short lived first marriage. True story, We had the ceremony in Negril, Jamaica just the two of us and Pastor Willis. I bought a staff that was an uprooted small tree and the roots were the dreadlocks of a carved figure head at the top. I just thought it was very cool and the carving was outstanding. Propped it up in the corner of the bedroom only to find out within 6 months by a friend that it was bad luck to remove such a thing from the island. also found out it gave my wife and her boyfriend the creeps after finding it turned around several times. :lol:

Oh come on - I saw that episode of The Brady Bunch too! :lol:

DiamondDave

Loverly work, by a loverly lady... and one that is willing to indulge the retentive types that this hobby attracts. Gotta love any woman that "Gets It", this sickness of ours.

foster

DiamondDave said:
Loverly work, by a loverly lady... and one that is willing to indulge the retentive types that this hobby attracts. Gotta love any woman that "Gets It", this sickness of ours.

My leather jacket sickness is nowhere near as severe as my wife's obsession for plastic necklaces.
True, I can wear a different jacket for each day of the week - but she can go through one year without wearing the same necklace twice!

DiamondDave

foster said:
DiamondDave said:

My leather jacket sickness is nowhere near as severe as my wife's obsession for plastic necklaces.
True, I can wear a different jacket for each day of the week - but she can go through one year without wearing the same necklace twice!

Mine says, "it's all about the shoes"...and unfortunately she has discovered GOOD shoes, and not just the normal discount styles... argh!

ButteMT61

You guys DO realize that wives with passion for nice things are our tickets to our nice things, don't you??? :D

foster

ButteMT61 said:
You guys DO realize that wives with passion for nice things are our tickets to our nice things, don't you??? :D

It worked in reverse for me. My leather jacket obsession was all the justification she needed to excuse her own OCD indulgence. :(

a2jacketpatches

Gotta keep em happy. My wife ( I call her Yum Yum :D ) doesn't ask for much, the occasional Coach purse, the newest Iphone ( and I make sure she's got a plug in for it wherever she may be in the house ) and most important, her food, I grilled her a salmon steak and bought fresh Asian spring rolls for her breakfast this morning. She heads out for a long days work every day and I work at home and take care of the boy. I consider my part of this team to be a little easier so I make every effort to afford her the little things she desires otherwise she won't do them for herself.

ButteMT61

Been married 23.8 years. Together over 25. Mutual giving and taking is all that you really need to do.
I LOL at guys that don't get it. While I shop. And ride. And camp. And whatever I like to do and she does too. Most things we do together, some not. We both appreciate each other's joys. Happy x2.