• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's making an M-444?

MikeyB-17

This is entirely Pie in the Sky at the moment, but I am contemplating another sheepskin jacket at some stage. My B-2 was too big and bulky, and the medium-weight AAF jackets don't do much for me (never a B-6 fan-nice from the front, hate it from the back). At a push I don't mind the D-1, but if I'm honest I think the jacket for me is the M-444. Is anyone apart from the Japanese manufacturers making one at the moment?

MikeyB-17

RMNZ have discontinued it according to their website. The Few's that I found came out at about 1300 quid. D-1 it is then! Thanks John, thought as much but worth asking.

John Lever

MikeyB-17 said:
RMNZ have discontinued it according to their website. The Few's that I found came out at about 1300 quid. D-1 it is then! Thanks John, thought as much but worth asking.
You could always ask Will at Aero to make one for you.

Hawkeye

I know their name is mud around here but for the record US authentic makes an M-444, the problem is with the exchange rate it comes to 475.00 GBP, and thats before shipping. For that price you would be better off going to Aero and have them make something up for you.

MikeyB-17

Yeah, the thought had occurred to me-perhaps I'll do that at some stage, although as I said it's just Pie in the Sky at the moment, I was just putting out feelers. My guess is that if Aero were going to do an M-444, they'd have done it by now, and I'd have thought to produce a completely new repro just for one customer would be unlikely. Worth asking, though-they don't do M-445's any more either, but I know they would do one on special order, or at least they used to. I'm surprised more manufacturers don't do M-444's-it's a really nice, stylish jacket, not too heavy, and originals are rare. I know the M-445 is harder to produce due to the more complex design, I guess the 444 is the same.