• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whole bunch of irvin gear

Andrew

The price is ott. Nice collection but the gear is very small sized and I don't like the look of the wear on the Irvin or the helmet. He's hoping the provenence will push up the price. The helmet and goggles are post war types as well.

I would value it at about one third of the starting price but someone might bite as it looks good altogether.

Roughwear

Leadsky said:
The price is ott. Nice collection but the gear is very small sized and I don't like the look of the wear on the Irvin or the helmet. He's hoping the provenence will push up the price. The helmet and goggles are post war types as well.

I would value it at about one third of the starting price but someone might bite as it looks good altogether.

Agreed. The Irvin jacket is a size 3, so its a small size. It's actually an Irvin Air chute 1939 contract (B25526/39/C.I.B.) with a 1940 date, not 1943 as the seller claims. The alone is worth £500-600. Someone might go for the collection, but not me!

Peter Graham

That jacket looks like it's about to fall apart. Andrew, are you sure it's worth £500 to £600. If so, I recently sold an Irvin of the same period in much better condition for £220 :(

Roughwear

Peter I have seen similar Irvins sell for this amount, still more than its really worth! We will not know the true value of the jacket as its being sold as part of a collection. I have my doubts whether the collection will sell at all, but I was wrong over the CC Irvin.