• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes the best ANJ-4

CryptoDave

I apologize in advance if this has been covered, but I couldn't find anything on this forum about the ANJ-4.

So since I'm selling my Irvin (I know sacralige), I think for my build and taste the ANJ-4 might be the better jacket for me, of course getting the right size will help. But I think I finally have my size and measurements down.

So my question to this knowledgeable group is who makes the best ANJ-4?

Thanks,

Dave

chamboid

I would say RMNZ but seen as they are nowadays made to order pretty pricey. Everyone says Aeros are pretty good, and Lost Worlds.

Eastman's new offering is closer to the mark. But haven't even seen a non-retail photo. But I'd say most importantly ask for a same of the skin, then you feel the thickness of leather and fur.

Another one for John Lever to get a chance to post his collection past and present.

TOMG1401

Glad you made the right decision on the Irvin Dave, but why give up? Try an ELC irvin, their ANJ-4 is top notch

PaulGT3

Yea you looked great in the jacket it was just too big.
Here is a comment I heard from a fellow member on the ANJ-4
"I had one but it looked like a regular leather jacket, no one looked at it. But with the Irvin
all the chicks at the ski resort came up and commented on it"

That was HIS opinion (of which I have high regard) but I can see his point
No fleece out of the cuffs or waist.

THe way you looked in your pic, I think you picked the RIGHT jacket, just the wrong size by one size.
I would even try the same maker OR ELC, or I really like the lost world but theirs is so thick it would take years to break in.

CryptoDave

@Paul & Tom,

While the Irvin is a stunning jacket, IMO it just looks too "attention grabbing" I didn't realize it until I received mine. I want something a bit more understated, no fur at bottom of sleeves and waist.

Dave

John Lever

Eastman would be the best bet. The current version has the very nice Warhorse trim. Not as heavy as the LW or RMNZ version makes them more wearable, but they are all tiring to wear for longer periods. They all lack fleece at the waist and cuffs so attract fewer jibes like ' wears's your Spitfire?'
Dagdad has a beauty for sale, it used to be mine it's very soft but solid.