• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White Christmas

MikeyB-17

This was on at my daughter’s where we’re spending Christmas. Never made the slightest effort to watch it before, but the opening scenes are full of military kit-jackets, boots, hats plus a jeep and a half track, and it’s got Dean Jagger in it, who was in Twelve o’clock High. One bloke was wearing something that looked like a B-15, but I don’t think it was.
2131A12E-0BC1-4AB5-BCE8-D7669EA42643.jpeg

ausreenactor

This was on at my daughter’s where we’re spending Christmas. Never made the slightest effort to watch it before, but the opening scenes are full of military kit-jackets, boots, hats plus a jeep and a half track, and it’s got Dean Jagger in it, who was in Twelve o’clock High. One bloke was wearing something that looked like a B-15, but I don’t think it was.View attachment 91309
Hmmm. Tanker bod with a sleeve pocket? And that collar!

Chandler

Probably just a Gen-Xer perspective. ;)

It's no Oscar winner, by any means, but it certainly tugs at the nostalgia strings -- in my case, anyway.

bfd70

Guilty of being a gen x’er but have a strong affinity for old movies. Currently on a Phillip Marlowe binge. An independent theater by us runs an it’s a wonderful life/ White Christmas double feature every year. Have gone the last 5 years but never stayed for white christmas. I think it was a sound decision.

Chandler

Guilty of being a gen x’er but have a strong affinity for old movies. Currently on a Phillip Marlowe binge. An independent theater by us runs an it’s a wonderful life/ White Christmas double feature every year. Have gone the last 5 years but never stayed for white christmas. I think it was a sound decision.
North sider? Yeah, I recognize the double feature.

Maybe it's just the music and dance aspect?