• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy WWII Patches

Tim P

an ebay trader called I have the gift has loads. ebay in general has authentic if not original patches

442RCT

chitchat said:
http://www.flyingtigerantiques.com/ Expensive, but a good selection.

Jeez, looking at the prices on that site, I'm never gonna be a hard core patch collector.

It was interesting to see many of the original painted leather patches. Many of the hand painted patches would be considered 'folk-art' unlike some of the current professionally painted patches. I really liked the details on the headress of the Indian for the 44th Fighter Squadron, 16th Fighter Group Jacket Patch. I might paint myself a copy. :mrgreen:

TankBuster

Don't base your idea of prices on the Flying Tigers site. Ron is a great guy, but his prices are always on the high side of market value, and sometimes higher. I can say that all his stuff is legit, so if you are not that experienced, it may be worth paying the higher price to know that you are getting a legit WW2 patch. The patch world is dog eat dog.

Silver Dollar

The patch world definitely is nuts. I stopped buying the real things when the repros started getting that good and when folks started to learn how to weather them. I'm definitely not one of the hardcore collectors.

unclegrumpy

TankBuster said:
Don't base your idea of prices on the Flying Tigers site. Ron is a great guy, but his prices are always on the high side of market value, and sometimes higher. I can say that all his stuff is legit, so if you are not that experienced, it may be worth paying the higher price to know that you are getting a legit WW2 patch. The patch world is dog eat dog.

Ditto!

EMBLEMHUNTER

Tim P said:
an ebay trader called I have the gift has loads. ebay in general has authentic if not original patches
I would suggest being careful with this dealer, I haven't a way to confirm it, but have been told by quite a few various people "in the Know" that some possibly all of his items are not of "real" origin .