• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy new knits?

767fo

crazyace said:
I think I will pull the trigger on them but what do you think about them on this?

007-1.jpg

013.jpg

I just don`t want to make a mistake. It is always hard to tell the color of things from pics.

John's golden knits will look great on your jacket. Other than the color you will appreciate the nice wool feel and the firm fit.

crazyace

Thanks for the words of encouragement! The ELC jacket is great but the knits are poor. They shrunk up and really have nothing left to them so they do need to be replaced.I am sure I will be most pleased from anything that would come from John.

CBI

the new knits are SUPERB, mine just came today. I will post pics but I can't do it until next Tuesday

crazyace

My new golden brown knits arrived today from GW. I must say they are nice and have a nice feel to them. They are not far off from the color of the knits on my Eastman I have pictured in my earlier post. To me the new knits are more of a nutmeg / cinnamon color. there is a difference in the shading between the cuffs and the waistband like from two different dye lots. Vickie at GW made me aware of the difference and had said they were all that way and that once they were on the jacket you would not be able to tell the difference. I was all ready to take some pics but my battery was dead in the camera. They do though look just the same as the ones on the links CBI posted. They don`t though look like the ones on John`s site. On his they looked lighter and more of a dull mustard hue. Now i just have to save some funds to have them put on :mrgreen:

CBI

yes, that's why I posted that link as John mentioned it was a more accurate representation than the pic on his site. Pretty cool looking - the bar has been raised for knits for repros!