• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy new knits?

jschare

I'd say ask Platon if Bill Kelso carries them. The B series still had the single rib rack waistband which is what the M-422s had and Kelso makes those. And I's also check with Good Wear and see if they'd sell you knits.

crazyace

Vickie from Goodwear emailed me and let me know that they just received the golden brown knits that were used on some the earlier contracts.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/whats_new.html

In about 3 weeks they will be getting in the darker brown ones. I am looking for a new set myself so I thought why not go with the master`s knits. By the way, what would you think of these golden brown knits on a ELC seal HH house A-2? The seal is not the real dark seal.

DG567

I got some replacements from John and was very pleased. I got the new golden brown knits in the other day for a no name 42-18246-p and the color is much nicer in person than on JCs site.

767fo

crazyace said:
Vickie from Goodwear emailed me and let me know that they just received the golden brown knits that were used on some the earlier contracts.

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/whats_new.html

In about 3 weeks they will be getting in the darker brown ones. I am looking for a new set myself so I thought why not go with the master`s knits. By the way, what would you think of these golden brown knits on a ELC seal HH house A-2? The seal is not the real dark seal.

If John is willing to sell the knits he uses you are not going to find any better.

CBI

these new GW knits look superb and John is VERY happy with them. I should have my new GW A-2 with the golden brown knits in a few days and will give you a report.

I'll be they will be the new repro knit gold standard.........

crazyace

Please put up some pics of your jackets with the golden brown knits. I am looking forward to see what they really look like since I am on the fence on getting me a set.

CBI

if you click the photo on the link you can get a good idea. John is really sold on them............. what more does one need to know?

crazyace

They do look really cool and I like the contrast against a seal jacket,or russet for that matter but how many originals have you seen with them?

CBI

these sort of knits appear on pre-war contracts and were popular with pre-war era civi jackets

A

Anonymous

They do look really cool and I like the contrast against a seal jacket,or russet for that matter but how many originals have you seen with them?

I thought the same,
and I didn't know you guys liked the golden brown color so much!

crazyace

I think I will pull the trigger on them but what do you think about them on this?

007-1.jpg

013.jpg

I just don`t want to make a mistake. It is always hard to tell the color of things from pics.