• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When is an Goodwear JC jacket not a Goodwear JC jacket ???

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Re: When is an Goodwear JC jacket not a Goodwear JC jacket ?

Kate-Beckinsale-Leather-Jacket-yb88.gif

Rutger

deeb7 said:
Dr H said:
This is the Good Wear I had in mind:
Selene_%28Underworld%29.jpg

Ah, of course. Administrative support.
Very important to have qualified personnel.
Extensive knowledge of leather required.
Hard to find if you don't know where to look.

I'm not sure if it will speed up delivery though.

Dr H

The jacket? Of course...it'll be bespoke... ;)

The Admin support? No, she's just fine in that size thank you very much :cool:

Stony

Don't worry Alan, I've also been communicating with JC recently (e-mail/PM) - the help is purely administrative to assist with the processing. John continues to make the jackets and so there will be no change there. It does go to show how much time is lost processing the orders/answering the e-mails/doing the books, etc.

I also talked to John yesterday and the new hire is strickly administrative per the above. He will still be making "all" the jackets.

johnwayne

Not sure what all the fuss is about..........JC strikes me as being a passionate 'hands on' guy and I cant imagine he'd let jackets leave for the buyer without his seal of approval!
And combining this and the Xmas wish thread, I'll have a seal Goodwear and Kate Beckinsale please, with the Xmas stockings!!!!

Cheers
Wayne

unclegrumpy

My vote is for an assistant with a good phone voice, but not one that is going to create a distraction. :D

ugly.jpg

Persimmon

unclegrumpy said:
My vote is for an assistant with a good phone voice, but not one that is going to create a distraction. :D

ugly.jpg

My God.
What if she gets the jacket bug !!

JC will be spending all the rest of his life making a jacket that fits that woman.

sparidon

You guys need to get a grip. I assume that John Chapman is a smart business man, hence his decision to enlarge his company. That being said, he knows that if quality drops then sales will drop. I assume that John feeds his family on what he makes through leather jackets and as such will not let the quality of the workmanship or service drop one iota. From my experience, if its is made by Goodwear, its an excellent jacket. Period.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

sparidon said:
You guys need to get a grip.

Someone made a wrong assumption ... the rest of us corrected it, and then moved on to post pictures of women.

Kinda what we always do. :?

Andrew

After seeing that last picture getting a grip should be the last thing on your mind :lol:

Smithy

Andrew said:
After seeing that last picture getting a grip should be the last thing on your mind :lol:

That would need all of two hands and then some Andrew :shock:

Stony

It doesn't matter if they're not facing you. :eek:

unclegrumpy

Stony said:
It doesn't matter if they're not facing you. :eek:
Are you speaking from experience? I don't really know, but I think the only difference might be the type of smooching involved. :shock:

fatty-thinny.png

Stony

Are you speaking from experience? I don't really know, but I think the only difference might be the type of smooching involved.

No smooching! :shock:

grommet

unclegrumpy said:

ugly.jpg

I have no doubt that John will never compromise on quality. He is just that sort of guy.

Having said that, I think this thread has really hit bottom. With a few more picture postings like this I may have to move on to the VINTAGE MILITARY LEGGINGS FORUM. ;)