• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with Disney??

unclegrumpy

I am not exactly sure of the licensing arrangement that Disney had during the War, but I suspect it was only for the duration, because you see very few Disney designs carried forward. I do know that the University of Oregon still uses Donald Duck for their mascot, as they have since the 1940's, and that they pay a heavy fee every year to Disney to do so.

ties70

Wow,

does this mean that I can get in real legal trouble for making the 530th BS / 380th BG patch for the "Crabtree jacket"?

IMG_1311.jpg

Ties

better duck

ties70 said:
Wow,
does this mean that I can get in real legal trouble for making the 530th BS / 380th BG patch for the "Crabtree jacket"?
Ties

Nah, we'll protect you, pool resources again and pay for your lawyer ..... :)

MikeyB-17

There's a B-29 somewhere which is under restoration, one of a series named after the Seven Dwarfs-'Doc'. I remember reading that the Disney Corporation refused them permission to use the name or the cartoon character for the nose art-or possibly wanted to charge them an amount of money they weren't in a position to pay.